Power Rangers 2012-2013 News Thread - Production on hold until 2012

It's Judgement Time!
**** that, I want a US version of Gokai-Oh.

I ain't payin' $60 to import that ****.

oh pls gf, once the Bandai USA version comes out everyone will say how much it sucks and you'll just end up deciding to import it anyway so you can have the 'authentic' version.

Now, here's my question... why do you want Saban to skip Gokaiger?

Because it mainly deals with a large number of unfamiliar rangers. Also it involves familiar/returning MOTD or Villains from the Ranger mythos that would potentially just muddle continuity. The whole thing, from PR's perspective, has the potential to be a nightmare for the continuity.

Saban is so far behind now that it doesnt need to adapt it. They should skip it. I wouldnt miss it at all.

It's a money pit for Saban, not adapting it would just be retarded.

"Money pit", right. Bandai USA wont even fucking produce action figures for the villains beyond one single henchman nor will they produce anymore than a handful of molds. And you somehow think that they will produce molds for dozens upon dozens of Rangers? Most of which arent familiar or nostalgic? The 'new rangers' will be throw away appearances in the show for audiences because they are unknown! Their existence wont warrant a unique 4 inch action figure mold.

It's not a money pit because Bandai USA wont produce that ****. The best they would do is probably release some bullshit 'legends' set of non-poseable mini figurines for twenty bucks. Mark my god damn words. So that excuse of "its monies" is bullshit.

We should know better of Bandai by now.

There's no good reason to adapt Gokaiger other than fanwank. It would produce no more money than Power Rangers already does currently.

Is not impressed right now...
oh pls gf, once the Bandai USA version comes out everyone will say how much it sucks and you'll just end up deciding to import it anyway so you can have the 'authentic' version.

Well, the six-inch figures would still be kick-ass. That's where BOA really shines.

Eye See You
And you somehow think that they will produce molds for dozens upon dozens of Rangers? Most of which arent familiar or nostalgic? The 'new rangers' will be throw away appearances in the show for audiences because they are unknown! Their existence wont warrant a unique 4 inch action figure mold.

Funny, BoA sold MMPR figures all over again when MMPRv2 aired, including The Megazord & Titanus. I don't see why it wouldn't be done again for PRGokai. You telling me you wouldn't buy a new figure of Zeo Ranger 5?.

BoA also did the 15th Anniversary Sets when PROO was airing including 3 Red Ranger sets.

It's Judgement Time!
Funny, BoA sold MMPR figures all over again when MMPRv2 aired, including The Megazord & Titanus. I don't see why it wouldn't be done again for PRGokai. You telling me you wouldn't buy a new figure of Zeo Ranger 5?.

BoA also did the 15th Anniversary Sets when PROO was airing including 3 Red Ranger sets.

True that, but how long did that last? I dont see those figures in stores anymore.

That's because they never keep toys out for more than a year. OO was four years ago.

or just say, the Pre-Zyu-Rangers are from other Planets, because it was mentioned multiple times that there were other teams then just the earth rangers^^
( even in the movies we got some infos about it ;))
That won't work for Battle Fever J, who have flags on their chests (including the Soviet Union!). However, that team has yet to be used in the show (only been used in a movie) so it may prove skippable. JAKQ also probably can't be called aliens - so they have the exact same playing card suits on other planets do they? Looks skippable so far if they skip episode 6 though (the one with Luka as a maid). Goranger is as good as confirmed to be an old SPD team, their photo was used in an episode.

Eye See You
It bothers me how this fandom can hope for a Season 2 of ____ season (which would require tons of tweaks and us footage), yet don't think a season like Gokaiger could be adapted.

Saban WILL pull this off and all he needs to do is get his team to shoot more US footage, mainly for the Pre-Zyu fight scenes. This is a walk in the park for Saban.

That won't work for Battle Fever J, who have flags on their chests (including the Soviet Union!). However, that team has yet to be used in the show (only been used in a movie) so it may prove skippable. JAKQ also probably can't be called aliens - so they have the exact same playing card suits on other planets do they? Looks skippable so far if they skip episode 6 though (the one with Luka as a maid). Goranger is as good as confirmed to be an old SPD team, their photo was used in an episode.

It's called imagination, buddy. Saban can do whatever they please with Sentai and besides its also been said that the powers could have been used in the past. That is where Goranger-Battle Fever come in.

It bothers me how this fandom can hope for a Season 2 of ____ season (which would require tons of tweaks and us footage), yet don't think a season like Gokaiger could be adapted.

Saban WILL pull this off and all he needs to do is get his team to shoot more US footage, mainly for the Pre-Zyu fight scenes. This is a walk in the park for Saban.

While a season 2 of said season would be unrealistic now ,unless prior season was ultra popular, reshooting entire amounts of American footage because there happens to be pre-Zyu Ranger teams seem fruitless and as expensive as seasons 2 and 3 of MMPR. Why waste tons of money excising the teams when you can just include them in the canon with easy write offs invented orginally by Saban for such a time. (Other Planet rangers and the past)