Deneb Candy Hoarder
I always hold off reading reviews, etc, about things until I have a chance to see them, and when I heard about the B+W Mall Tour I especially held off so that I'd be able to see the movie for the first time on the big screen (last time I got to was in 8th grade when Pokemon 3 came out).

I really enjoyed it. I was not a fan of the Darkrai or Giratina movies, but this one really entertained me. I don't want to say it was the best Pokemon movie ever or anything, but it was well worth my time, and Zorua really grew on me quickly.

Since I saw it I've been seeing mixed reviews throughout the internet, but overall it seems to be getting a lot of complaints. Everything that I could find was about how on the CN airing certain things were missing (all of which were present at the theatrical viewing, ie Pokemon World segment, Baccer tournament, etc).

So, overall, thoughts? Opinions? Did you love it or hate it?

Raxbait: Hip
I remember I ended up liking the movie since the previous ones were all about the legendary and this one was primarily about just a regular pokemon.
Though the colors of the REAL Entei, Suicune, and Raikou I had mixed feeling about.....I mean why change it? XD
But yeah, if you don't mind lack of legendary (well maybe the old ones) then this was a pretty okay/good film.
Also, the background scenery was beautiful.

Also, I recommend the Arceus Movie, that one was the best of the three :thumbs:
One of my fav's in a while.

PARTY HARD
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHAoBjs8BM4"]YouTube - New Pokemon Movie Twist![/ame]

All I have to say. lol

Edit: And we have an anime section for this, right?

Last edited:
Deneb Candy Hoarder
I remember I ended up liking the movie since the previous ones were all about the legendary and this one was primarily about just a regular pokemon.
Though the colors of the REAL Entei, Suicune, and Raikou I had mixed feeling about.....I mean why change it? XD
But yeah, if you don't mind lack of legendary (well maybe the old ones) then this was a pretty okay/good film.
Also, the background scenery was beautiful.

Also, I recommend the Arceus Movie, that one was the best of the three :thumbs:
One of my fav's in a while.

I agree about Arceus! I was really really impressed with that one!!

But I kind of liked the shiny dogs, it's so uncommon to see shiny pokemon in the anime at all.

Raxbait: Hip
Aaaah so they were shiny?
...so does that mean there are like....2 entei's and such? XD

Deneb Candy Hoarder
Aaaah so they were shiny?
...so does that mean there are like....2 entei's and such? XD

Yeah, shiny Pokemon started with the Gold and Silver games on the Gameboy Colour. Every Pokemon has a shiny counterpart that can be caught in the wild, but they're extremely rare.

One example is the Red Gyarados in Pokemon Gold, which is set, but it is a shiny Gyarados.

You can look up more information on Bulbapedia. :D

Super Sentai fan
I've watched some of the original Japanese version, watched a tiny bit of the CN version, and refused to watch the rest of the CN air because they cut out the prologue. I will try to watch the rest of the theatrical version sometime.

Budou though
the movie was alright. nothing that great. it lacked animation quality. i myself like the giratina and shaymin movie due to it having the ending theme ONE by krystal kay. it matches with the movie

Deneb Candy Hoarder
I've watched some of the original Japanese version, watched a tiny bit of the CN version, and refused to watch the rest of the CN air because they cut out the prologue. I will try to watch the rest of the theatrical version sometime.

There is a dub version with the prologue intact, because when I saw it theatrically at the Mall Tour that was all there. So I'm thinking maybe they cut it due to time constraints on CN and when it gets a DVD release it'll be fixed? Though if the Arecus movie is anything to go by, it's going to be AGES before we get a DVD release.

the movie was alright. nothing that great. it lacked animation quality. i myself like the giratina and shaymin movie due to it having the ending theme ONE by krystal kay. it matches with the movie

Lacked animation quality? Did you think it lacked quality as compared to other Pokemon movies? How so?