Aronbafon
Given how Pokemon is you can't really blame them for expecting most people have bought games in all generations. And it might also have to do with Black(2) and White(2) having 3DS support.

whoa a normal DS game with slight 3D support!? I wasnt aware of this! still not going to rush out and get them anytime soon, the only pokemon DS games I have are heart gold and soul silver ... since the originals have a massive place in my heart.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
I just realized that LeafGreen/FireRed are actually Game Boy Advance games, while HeartGold/SoulSilver are basically the only remakes that are in Nintendo DS games.

It'll be harder for players that have LeafGreen/FireRed AND Ruby/Sapphire to get their Pokemon onto X/Y, they basically have to go an extra step by transferring their LeafGreen/FireRed Pokemon onto a "DS Pokemon game" (Diamond/Pearl, Black/White)..........then transfer it over to X/Y via Black/White(2)

Ah I see, better than nothing I suppose! how you guys finding the new game btw? Im finding it relatively easy, like with exp share so early in the game it feels such a doddle! I remember years ago the struggle of training each pokemon individually also a slight OCD which meant I wouldnt leave the first route area until my first pokemon evolved >.< (obviously id go back to mom and heal if needed)

Aronbafon
Exp Share does make it a bit too easy when you get later in because then your team starts to be a lot higher level than everything you meet. At the League I was 7 - 10 levels (or so) higher than the E4.

Aye im seeming it similar here already, roughly each gym I go against im about 7-10 levels above on my main core, although every now and again I give the benchwarmer pokemon a chance to evolve

Aronbafon
I'm still requesting more Friend Codes for the Friend Safari. There's some really cool Pokemon to find there.

Friend Safari? :sweat: I just realized its 11:00pm meaning I gotta be up for work soon ... literally pokemon has consumed my weekend!

my friend code is: 1032-2372-1924

for now goodnight!

I just realized that LeafGreen/FireRed are actually Game Boy Advance games, while HeartGold/SoulSilver are basically the only remakes that are in Nintendo DS games.

It'll be harder for players that have LeafGreen/FireRed AND Ruby/Sapphire to get their Pokemon onto X/Y, they basically have to go an extra step by transferring their LeafGreen/FireRed Pokemon onto a "DS Pokemon game" (Diamond/Pearl, Black/White)..........then transfer it over to X/Y via Black/White(2)

Transfer the GBA games to Heart Gold or Soul Silver or Platinum, transfer to fifth gen and then to X/Y.