Friendship is Subarashi!!!
I've opted to rerun Ruby with a team that I've never used before, as well as disregarding my starter. I've chosen Ruby over Emerald because I have Sapphire and beat that, and I've also beaten Emerald. So as a result, I want to definitively beat Ruby. Right now I've got:

Torchic (Toaster) - Lv 14 (Will be replaced by Torkoal soon enough)
Zubat (Fang) - Lv 12
Beautifly (Siria) - Lv 12
Makuhita (Honda) - Lv 15
Nuzleaf (Tengu) - Lv 14
Mightyena (Lupe) - Lv 11

Currently training in Granite Cave, trying to get my team up to level 17 across the board before taking on Brawley.

Anyone want to make any suggestions as far as captures go? There are a few conditions I'm following though:

- Must be obtainable without a link trade being involved (NPC trades are fine).
- Preferred to be a Pokemon that wasn't commonly used in the Hoenn Games.
- All Pokemon get nicknames, suggestions welcome.

I don't care for competitive play, this is solely for the sake of beating the main game with an unusual team.

So, what do you guys think and does anyone have any suggestions for team members?

Two days later, as of last night, the current progress with my roster is:

- Fang the Zubat: Level 17
- Tengu the Nuzleaf: Level 17
- Reverz the Minun: Level 18
- Lighter the Combusken: Level 18
- Siria the Beautifly: Level 18
- Honda the Makuhita: Level 19

At the same time, I thought to note what I've got in the PC, so that it's easier to say which ones I have.

- Clamps the Mawile: Level 11
- Sid the Slakoth: Level 12 (Planning to raise him up properly once I get the EXP Share)
- Lupe the Poochyena: Level 12 (Waiting for EXP Share.)
Tesla the Electrike: Level 14 (Waiting for a few TMs.)

glasses: on
Can't name any pokemon right now, but your team doesn't look balanced enough, you have 1 fire, 2 normals and 3 weak to fire, I know you're going for an unusual team, but i'd try to work in a water and a psychic pokemon.

I don't like hybrids as instead of having 2 elements they also have to vulnerabilities.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that I am only up to Mauville. And I haven't been on it for a good fortnight though now because I've gotten into doing Nuzlocke Runs, and I'm partway through a FireRed one. (4 Badges, 4 Deaths as of the first of the two Snorlaxes. Current Team is Wartortle, Butterfree, Snorlax, Raticate, Haunter, and Fearow. Deaths were Diglett, Vileplume, Mankey and Machop.)

I am planning on maybe picking up a Whiscash and a Medicham for later for Psychic Types. That'd give me a loss of the Electric Weakness, and Medicham because it would pretty much reduce Medicham to Dark Weaknesses only.

Last edited: