n/s
Combined with the Gaikai cloud technology, you can now play PS3, PSVita and PS4 games on your smartphones, tablets and Sony Television brands, not just the PS4 console. That explains the zero-backwards compatibility feature of the PS4 mentioned by CEO Hirai. Sadly, you can't play PS2 and PS1 games ... for now since Sony is considering to offer those contents in the future.

D

Dr Kain

I thought the point of Gakai was to allow us to play the entire library of the Playstation eras on the PS4? LOoks like I got excited for nothing last year.

Well it won't even be out until Summer anyway. Who knows, things may change then. Even thou i love having physical copies, i really like the idea of the game streaming (Especially a chance to try some games i've never tried before via the subscription service). Grant it, we won't have every title due to licensing, nor will games be on forever (Look what happened to some of the Marvel games recently); however , i see this as great potential in the future. I also hope we can transfer saves later, if we ever want a physical copy. :D

Professional Chef and Entertainer
does this mean there isn't a reason to buy a PS4 anymore because now you can play ps4 games on this service?

does this mean there isn't a reason to buy a PS4 anymore because now you can play ps4 games on this service?

Lol. Doubt it. Would be funny, but i doubt it. :p I have a feeling the Bravia, PS3, and Vita would probably be limited to either some or no PS4 depending, where as PS4 would be a like a deluxe of sort. :)

The Wind Of Justice
I will be getting a ps4 mid/late 2014, just waiting for more games to come out.

D

Dr Kain

I will be getting a ps4 mid/late 2014, just waiting for more games to come out.

I might buy the Infamous bundle in March with my tax money, but honestly, I'm not an Infamous fan. I like the games, but not enough where I bothered to finish them.

I'm also no longer interested in Watch_Dogs thanks to the delay. THe game I want the most on the PS4 is the next Uncharted and then The Order, both of which probably won't be out until the fall.

The Wind Of Justice
I might buy the Infamous bundle in March with my tax money, but honestly, I'm not an Infamous fan. I like the games, but not enough where I bothered to finish them.

I'm also no longer interested in Watch_Dogs thanks to the delay. THe game I want the most on the PS4 is the next Uncharted and then The Order, both of which probably won't be out until the fall.

You should at least give it a try, you may like it.

I bought the PS 1 Mini 2 weeks ago and Final Fantasy VII had made the release.

This helped as I had a PS 1 but the plastic part that held the CDs together busted. I had started Final Fantasy VII.

Beat Final Fantasy I and II. Also VI. Nearly finished Final Fantasy VIII.

Playing Final Fantasy III and IV on mobile currently and Final Fantasy VII on PS 1 Classic. Need to finish Final Fantasy V.

I'll be on Final Fantasy IX next.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
They may as well have. Once They're done shutting down all PS3 compatibility, you're basically making the system practically worthless to own unless you had one prior to that & got everything you needed downloaded beforehand. Making sure complete PS3 games are kept available in some form makes up for that somewhat.