Playstation 5 Now More Expensive Everywhere But America despite inflation

Staff member
There have been changes over the years, but the market arc of a video game console is usually to release it at a high price, then gradually reduce that price to keep the fire of demand stoked, then finally to sell it cheaply as a “beginner’s alternative” when it’s replaced by something more advanced. This hasn’t been the case with EVERY console, mind you (the Wii U never dropped in price throughout its lifetime….sheer madness), but that’s generally how it works.
But in this new, supply-chain-snarled, inflation-choked world, where the goal of most businesses now is to see how mad they can make you and still retain you as a customer, all the rules are being thrown out the window. Sony announced today they’re RAISING the price of a Playstation 5, not lowering it, in most countries. The exception is America, thankfully, but for how long?
Were PS5s easier to come by, Sony probably wouldn’t be able to get away with this — the used market would saturate demand and make people unwilling to...

Continue reading...

Shipping Favorites since 2014
This is why PC is master race. Time to convert religion people and buy a gaming PC. All you need to do is upgrade it every 5 years and you will be able to play both old and new games.

Complete Global saturation
Amazon Luna and Google Stadia can earn from this if they will take advantage of the situation.

Hello Strangah!
Not good Publicity to be releasing during a recession. They must be pretty secure in their position as the market leader in these areas, in my opinion. The important decision right now is whether Microsoft follows suit or keeps Xbox Series consoles priced where they are. Maintaining current costs and gaining some positive press in markets where Xbox has historically struggled to obtain substantial market share would be a really wise decision. I'm not sure if Microsoft will make the right decision on this or just follow Sony's example. Nintendo has previously ruled out raising Switch's pricing during this fiscal year. Of course, since Switch is already five and a half years old, it's far simpler for them to do so, but I still naively believed that this would set the standard for Sony and Microsoft.

Protector of the Ocean
Sony is at the top of the World right now, They are confident people will still buy their console despite the price increase. With Christmas coming in the corner, they know they are coming to have sales increase despite the inflation and all.

Sony is getting arrogant because they are confident that they are the King of the Market and people will still buy no matter what.

The sales of X-series is about to increase. Sony should be dropping prices.

K

KELLY

This is why I purchased Switch even if the graphics is not as good.

Lurker
Yeah I agree that PC is the master race and you can mine bitcoins while playing games too.