Pimptanian Throwdown: Team Justice vs. The Marauders

Sometimes I hang with our friends over at Pimptania.Com. Over there they do a different kind of RPG.... the D&D type with dice, stats and whatnot. Here's a thread from a Team Deathmatch I'm participating in.

Fun stuff. Enjoy!

My name's JohnCrichton.... an astronaut! Behold... the battles I've seen....

ophanimx Dec 12 2005, 10:56 AM Post #1

Captain

Group: Members
benjamins: 64
Member No.: 18

In many ways, the blood thristy throngs of Deathmatch fans looked forward to the Jr. games more then they did the Sr. They arrived weeks before hand, camped out around the arena, and made offerings to the amateur competitors using what little they could scrape together after ur-Kip's repeated (and gleefully pointless!) attacks.

When the opening match between the fan favorite's (Cuthbert's Cudgel) and ur-Kip's personal team of misfits (The Marauders) finally started, it took half a full army to keep the maddened, blood thirsty throngs from bursting onto the field to finish everything themselves! When all was said and done, millions lost their lives before anyone even bothered to suit up, ur-Kip broke a nail, and an angel got it's wings (which were later discovered to be stuck on with hot glue).

Ze Map: http://www.thegroupsite.com/Images/RigelliaDowns.pdf. Everyone has a thread in their forums for posting their prep rounds and actions during the fight. Cuthbert's Cudgel starts to the north and may move as far south as 145n. The Marauders start to the south and may move as far north as 40n.

The Map - Current as of Prussia's move - ST

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 30 2006, 11:10 AM

--------------------

"But Calvin is no kind and loving god! He's one of the -old- gods! He demands sacrifice!"

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Barak Dec 12 2005, 12:45 PM Post #2

Captain

Group: Game Hosts
benjamins: 56
Member No.: 12

To the north of the arena stands The Cuthbert's Cudgel. Up front and center stands.. A..
thing. Clad in a resplendant breastplate, he doesn't appear to carry any weapons. Both his head
and hands appear reptilian, as his tongue slides out to smooth out his eyebrows. He stands, arms
crossed, waiting for the signal to start.

Next to him is a figure, man-sized, clad from head to toe in full plate. A shield is strapped
to his left arm, and an axe is slung on his back. His cloak flutter in the wind, as he gets
ready to.. Well, get ready.

Behind them quite a bit, also wearing a shiny breastplate is a human.. But not just any human,
an astronaut! Err yes. with two swords strapped to his hips, he carries with him a rather dashing
longbow, with two quivers on his back. Look out ladies!

And next to -him- is a very cute little halfling. Standing tall at 2'8", she's sporting a rather flashy
studded leather armor. Strapped to her side is the cutest little rapier anyone has -ever- seen! And a few lil
daggers complete her ensemble.

Full Edit
Quick Edit
JohnCrichton Dec 12 2005, 03:26 PM Post #3

Sergeant

benjamins: 1,963
Member No.: 52

Warn: (0%)

MARAUDERS!!!

I have no intension of holding back, so give it your all!!! Behold... the horrrors I've seen...

*Dizer McDermon sheaths his blades and spins his long bow from his back with a smirk and a wink*

"Three suns align, pour forth thy light....... AND FILL THE ARCHER'S BOW WITH MIIIIIIHGT!!!"

This post has been edited by JohnCrichton: Dec 15 2005, 08:08 AM

--------------------

Henshin Justice Unlimited - Tokusatsu
The Rising Sun of Justice - Eastern Entertainment
The Power Chamber - Movies, television, general off-topic
Welcome to Videoland! - Video Games

HenshinJusice.com

Full Edit
Quick Edit Darth Carnivore Dec 14 2005, 02:10 PM Post #4

Lieutenant

benjamins: 41
Member No.: 29

Warder Carnivus looks up from his busy work for just a quick moment and gives a slight and uncaring grin and a courtesy nod towards the opponents from his vantage point on his cart.

With a modicum of emotion: "Yes... well met..."

...and he goes back to work...

--------------------

Look! Ice Cream in the freezer.... better throw it away.
Wrecking Crew: The Doorman

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Druid Scion Dec 14 2005, 02:50 PM Post #5

Lieutenant

benjamins: 175
Member No.: 22

As the marauders enter from the south entrance of the arena, so do a number of horse-drawn vehicles, covered with burlap. At the head of the team is a rather tall man man with hair as black as night. His black Gi and red sash enhance his severe, yet emotionless, expression.

Standing next to him is a dwarf, clad entirely in full plate, although a few stray locks of unnaturally green hair have managed to escape from under the helm. He wields a vicious looking battleaxe, and a number of stone trinkets, including a large pendant hanging from his belt.

Entering the arena behind them are two other individuals. One man is wearing a heavy black trenchcoat and boots, with green pants and no shirt. His sleek black hair is dotted with greenish beads, and he wears what appear to be jade necklaces and bracelets. A number of jade cylinders are strapped to his back, and the countless pockets in his trenchcoat are obviously full of something. In his gloved hands he holds the reins for four horses, who are pulling behind them two massive covered wagons.

Next to the wagons is another man, dressed in fine black clothing with plenty of red trim and accessories. He wears black leather bell-bottoms, with good boots. He is covered by a heavy, black cloak, through which you can catch a glimpse of a red leather jerkin. His hood is up, but you can just see a face beneath - not evil, but terribly mysterious. He is leading a mule, behind whom is a cart, also covered.

As they enter, they barely pay the opposing team any attention at all. The two men leading the vehicles are busy arranging them, while the dwarf and the man in Gi converse casually. The wagons are halted so that the back ends are touching each other, with the cart just nearby, in front.

The man in the black trenchcoat stand on top of the wagons and pulls off the burlap in one motion, as does the man in the dark cloak. The contents are still hidden by the wall of the wagon. Nodding to the opposing team - the first real acknowledgment of their presence - the man standing on the wagons grins viciously. "Shall we?"

This post has been edited by Druid Scion: Dec 14 2005, 02:52 PM

--------------------

The Red Shift indicates the increasing influence of Communism in the outer reaches of the galaxy. Write your congressman!

Full Edit
Quick Edit
ophanimx Dec 16 2005, 03:45 AM Post #6

Captain

Because of the sheer number of people involved I am just posting the actions and the initiative. Fluff text will be used during combat but not for prep rounds.

Cuthbert's Cudgel:

Barak:
1 - Moves to 50E/145N
2 - Nothing
3 - Casts a spell (no one recognizes spell)

Prussia:
1 - Drinks a potion and disapears
2 - ???
3 - ???

JC:
1 - Moves to 5E/150N
2 - Nothing
3 - Prepares ranged attack with bow

Kishi:
1 - Casts Aid (Druid Recognizes spell)
2 - Reads a scroll
3 - Casts a spell (no one recognizes spell)

The Marauders:

Nyobo:
1 - Places 2 gems into dead bodies
2 - Places 1 gem
3 - Moves to ???

Druid Scion
1 - Places 1 gem and casts Animate Dead (kishi recognizes spell)
2 - Places 1 gem and casts spell (no one recognizes spell)
3 - Casts See Invisibility (kishi recognizes spell)

Darth C:
1 - Places 1 gem and casts Desecrate (kishi recognizes spell)
2 - Places 1 gem and casts spell (no one recognizes spell)
3 - Casts spell (no one recognizes spell)

Saphi:
1 - Places 1 gem and drinks a potion
2 - Places 1 gem and casts a spell, growing a size (no one recognizes spell, but you can guess)
3 - Casts spell (no one recognizes spell)

Undead:
1 - 3 human skeletons, 1 troll skeleton, and 1 storm giant skeleton spring to unlife
2 - 3 human skeletons place 6 gems total, troll skeleton places 1 gem, storm giant skeleton steps out of wagon and uproots shrubs
3 - 1 human skeleton stays in wagon, 5 human skeletons place 10 gems, 1 troglodyte zombie places gem, 6 human zombies get out of wagon, Chimaera skeleton steps out of wagon and attacks shrubs with storm giant skeleton

Location recap for Mauraders:
Wagon 1 (15 ft.): 70-80E, 10-20N, horses facing west
Wagon 2 (15 ft.): 85-95E, 10-20N, horses facing east
Cart (10 ft): 65-70E, 30-35N, mule facing west
Saphi: ?
Nyoibo: ?
Druid: In wagon 1, 70E, 20N
Darth C: 95E/10N
6 human skeletons: In wagon 2, taking up 85-95E, 15-20N
6 human zombies:
10 eagle zombies: In wagon 2
Giant eagle zombie: In wagon 2
Troglodyte zombie: 70E, 35N
Troll skeleton: In wagon 1, 80E, 20N
Chimaera skeleton: 75-80E, 35-40N
Storm giant skeleton: 90-100E, 30-40N

Total Undead: 6 human zombies, 6 human skeletons, 10 eagle zombies, a giant eagle zombie, a troglodyte zombie, a troll skeleton, a chimaera skeleton, and a storm giant skeleton.

Note to Mauraders: I've told you I require you to post stats for all these undead you want to use. Get those to me ASAP. ur-Kip will not allow any undead to take any combat actions until there's a thread with all of your undead in it. If you hold up the game, I'll just rebuke them on you. ::Evil, mean dm::

And.. do me a favor and please make it easier for me to track what you have raised and what you haven't yet. I suggest photochopping the map and keeping a location of everything available in your forum.

Need Locations for: Kishi, Nyoibo, and Saphi

Init:
Kishi - 25
JC - 23
Prussia - 19
Druid - 17
Nyoibo - 16
Saphi - 15
Barak - 10
Darth C - 1

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 17 2006, 01:38 PM

--------------------

"But Calvin is no kind and loving god! He's one of the -old- gods! He demands sacrifice!"

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Druid Scion Dec 16 2005, 01:15 PM Post #7

Lieutenant

benjamins: 175
Member No.: 22

The Marauder's positions at the end of the prep rounds.

--------------------

The Red Shift indicates the increasing influence of Communism in the outer reaches of the galaxy. Write your congressman!

Full Edit
Quick Edit
ophanimx Dec 18 2005, 08:12 AM Post #8

Captain

With a sudden flash of light and a clap of thunder, a massive Gate door appears in the sky and ur-Kip himself (in a cute outfit, no less!) steps through. His angelic wings beat loudly as he touches down on a column. With a sly smirks he waves his hands in arcane gestures. The Marauder's Storm Giant is quickly covered in sheets of flame and utterly destroyed.

ur-Kip casts a Divinely Quickened Fire Storm followed by another Fire Storm, dealing some odd 80d6 of damage to the undead. It takes 306 damage and goes poof!

ur-Kip bows to the members of the Cudgel before flying back into his Gate returning home to his Inn to get it one with his many many Wimmenz.

--------------------

Full Edit
Quick Edit
JohnCrichton Dec 18 2005, 10:47 AM Post #9

Sergeant

benjamins: 1,963
Member No.: 52

Warn: (0%)

"Looks like the angel just took down what would've been my first kill," says Dizer with a grin as he levels his eyes at the Marauders. "Looks like one of you will have to do instead."

This post has been edited by JohnCrichton: Dec 18 2005, 11:09 AM

--------------------

Henshin Justice Unlimited - Tokusatsu
The Rising Sun of Justice - Eastern Entertainment
The Power Chamber - Movies, television, general off-topic
Welcome to Videoland! - Video Games

HenshinJusice.com

Full Edit
Quick Edit Darth Carnivore Dec 18 2005, 01:00 PM Post #10

Lieutenant

benjamins: 41
Member No.: 29

"Well, make your move then so we can."

--------------------

Look! Ice Cream in the freezer.... better throw it away.
Wrecking Crew: The Doorman

Full Edit
Quick Edit
ophanimx Dec 19 2005, 11:08 AM Post #11

Captain

(Actions have been supplied. I am just not in the mindset to update. Both fights will be updated tomorrow morning. For now, you should all find something else to do.)

--------------------

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 4 2006, 01:07 PM Post #12

Captain

benjamins: 468
Member No.: 23

Ny the Serene surveys the opponents before him, noting that Osric Flamewielder, Kishi to his friends, is making a few odd gestures and looks to be speaking. Unable to hear at this distance, he is curious and momentarily suprised when a glowing battleaxe nearly takes his head off. As he ducks, he notes that JC has pointed his bow skyward, and beings to unleash arrow after arrow.

(I think we can all guess the spell, rolled 21 to hit, deals 9 damage.)

Meanwhile, Moren van Grausvich, the Druid Scion, adjusts his hair, preparing to send his minions to battle when he looks up and sees.. arrows raining upon him. One is blown off course by the wind, but wouldn't have struck anyway while three strike him.. while two deliver harsh wounds, one in particular sinks in deep, hurting. A lot.

(At -2 for range, -4 for cover from the brush, and a 50% concealment miss chance from the column, ended with rolls of 25 23 11 and a natural 20. The miss chance.. high miss, low hit on a d100 were 21, 39, 65, 11.. so, the 11 that would have missed anyway.. missed. Damage is a total of 41.)

Ny, DS, Saphi..your move

And just so we're on the same page... A simple map..on the top, Barak is the forward dot, JC is on the right, Kishi is on the left

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 4 2006, 01:11 PM

--------------------

"I just figured 'Hey, she's a nurse, so what the **** does she know about cooking neatly?'"
Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Skull: The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 17 2006, 01:34 PM Post #13

Captain

Nyoibo the Serene waits to see what Druid Scion does. With a nearly imperceptible nod, the Jade Man sends three human skeletons and the troll skeleton advance foward. The troll swings, and tears down another five foot section of brush, while the human skeletons line up behind him. DS himself keeps his position, surveying the field.

(Troll advances to 90-95E/85-80N, and tears down the section at 95E/90-95N. The human skeletons take up positions at 90E/75N, 95E/75N, 100E/70N)

Ny, your delay triggers.. so finalize your move, Seph, need your finalized moves

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 17 2006, 01:58 PM

--------------------

"I just figured 'Hey, she's a nurse, so what the **** does she know about cooking neatly?'"
Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Skull: The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 18 2006, 06:44 AM Post #14

Captain

Silently, the dwarf Der Schneider rushes foward, while Nyoibo scans the field, ready to strike

(Saph/Der advances to 70E/80N)

Barak, you're up.

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 18 2006, 01:20 PM Post #15

Captain

Grinning, Barakus charges Ny, who's still busy scanning the battlefront. Curiously, Barakus appears to be pursued by a flying whip. He lunges forward and bites into Ny's forearm, hastily brought up to protect his face. As Barakus releases and steps back, the whip lashes forward, doing little damage.. but wrapping around Nyoibo. Ny finds himself grappled by a whip.. and nothing else.

(Barak rolled 35 to hit, Whip rolled 23. Barak's damage was 12, whip dealt 2. Whip gets a free grapple attempt, succeeds at 21 to Ny's 10, and deals an additional 3 damage to Ny, for a total of 17 damage)

Carnivore! You be up!

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 19 2006, 09:01 AM Post #16

Captain

Warder Carnivus yells out "Minions... blessed of The Ruby Queen - Mistress of Death and of the Onyx Touch... protect and serve our ally."

The remaining undead lurch into action, the skeletons quickly passing their slower zombie bretheren, Barakus finds that he is now surrounded.

Carnivus yells again "Witch Queen of the Scarlet Throne - grant my eyes the ability to see the unseeable so that their treachery is revealed!"

His eyes seem to flash for a moment and he quickly glances about.

Meanwhile, the Chimera and a sole Human Skeleton lunge at Barakus. Somehow, he manages to dodge a raking claw and vicious bite.

(DC moves undead, casts spell which no one really has line-of-sight well enough to get a Spellcraft, Chimera rocks out with a 13 on it's attack, Skeleton with a 10. Two swings, two misses.)

Kishi, JC, and Prussia. Go go go!

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 19 2006, 09:05 AM

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 19 2006, 03:07 PM Post #17

Captain

Kishi advances while the floating battleaxe, glowing in the throng of undead, swings twice and hits the grappled Nyoibo twice.

Meanwhile, JC the archer repeats his last motion, sending four arrows sailing into the air to the same spot he fired last time. Moren sees a single arrow land twenty feet to the right, two more fifteen feet and seven feet to the left, and starts to laugh...

as one arrow sink into his chest. The laugh, much like Moren, dies.

(Kishi advances to 50E/140N. The Battleaxe rolled 21 and 29, dealing a total of 8 damage. JC rolled 15, 11, 29, and 18, dealing 11 points of damage, enough to take Moren to -10. Three Skeletons and Troll are now Uncontrolled)

Ny, you're up

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 19 2006, 03:49 PM

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 19 2006, 03:45 PM Post #18

Captain

Nyoibo the Serene struggles against the Whip's grasp. He bends, flexes, and twists, but in his haste to get away from the axe, the whip itself, and Barakus, he seems to forget some of his training and ends up.. going nowhere.

(Ny rolled 17 on his Escape Artist Check, the Whip rolled 30 on it's Grapple.)

Saphi is up

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 25 2006, 07:08 AM Post #19

Captain

Saphi roars "To me!" and charges forward. Ten eagles and one giant eagle rise from the wagons and flap slowly overhead, heading in his direction. The eagles are obviously dead and rotting, flying more via magic than physical wings. Even as they move, bits of flesh drop off them, splattering on the ground below.

(Saphi moves to 70E/115N. Eagles move to.. a crapload of places.)

As per Barak's absent orders
The whip tightens up and flings Nyo the Serene around like a rag doll, finally pinning him to the ground. Nyo realizes this leaves him completely vulnerable to Barakus. Barakus grins as he begins his furious assault.. two swipes with his claws, and two vicious bites. Pinned as he is, he still manages to avoid a bite and a claw.

(Whip Pins Ny.. 23 on the grapple vs 12. Barak attacks, rolls Nat. 1, 28, 11, and 26, dealing 19 damage)

DC, you're up.

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Jan 25 2006, 08:21 AM

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 26 2006, 08:45 AM Post #20

Captain

Warder yells out "You! Pull him out! The rest of you, get him!"

A zombie lunges forward and grabs the monk, and tries to drag him from the fight. The whip holds fast, however, and the zombie and Nyo go nowhere. Barakus finds himself struck from behind as the undead Chimera unleashes it's fury. The first blow startled him enough to get him moving, and he barely manages to make it through the undead onslaught as the rest of the horde presses in close, skeletons lunging at him when he is least suspecting it.

During all this, Warder suddenly climbs up, 10 feet in the air and strolls forward to stand above a hedge surveying the battlefield.

(Zombie doesn't roll a 1, Ny doesn't resist the touch, Zombie successfully grapples. Zombie attempts to Move Ny, rolls a 9 Grapple vs. the Whip's 18. Two skeletons attack Barakus, roll 6 and 10, miss. Chimera rolls 16, 23, 15, 13, hits once, deals 5 damage. DC casts a spell, no one has clear line of sight nor is close enough to hear over the undead horde to get a spellcraft. Moves 10 feet up during his move to end at 95E/40N.)

New round. Kishi, JC, Prussia

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Jan 30 2006, 10:49 AM Post #21

Captain

The glowing battleaxe swings again, biting in twice before becoming still. Nyoibo the Serene slips into unconsiousness. Kishi rushes forward into Der Schneider's sight and raises his holy symbol.. there is a flash.. and suddenly the eagle zombies seem.. divided.

Meanwhile, JC fires another volley toward the sky to rain down upon Der Schneider's head. Four arrows fly up, and four rain down, making a interesting pattern around Der Schneider, but none hitting home.

To the east of him, however, Der makes out the clear sounds of a female halfling voice, speaking in an arcane laguage.. however, when he looks, he sees nothing.

(Kishi's "spell" continues to attack Nyo with rolls 31 and 20, dealing 13 damage. Ny is down, and if not healed by Kishi's next turn, he loses a hit point. Kishi does his holy symbol dance, and the Giant Eagle, plus the eagles in squares 80/100, 85/100, 90/100, 75/95, 80/95, and 85/95 are no longer under Seph's control. JC rolls (With a -8 and 50/50 shot of hitting Seph as he can't see Seph) 10, 11, 13, and 1. Seph makes a listen check with a 22 (vs. DC 5) to hear Prussia casting a spell to the east of him. With that roll, yet failing the spot, I'm ruling he knows her location to be within the 10x10 block of 85E/120N to 80E/115N)

Seph's go

Right now, one of our very own, Second Talon is DM'ing the match... here's the latest update.

Second Talon A minute ago Post #22

Captain

benjamins: 469

Der Schneider steps forward, the dwarf's now massive frame towering over Osric and swings his axe down. Osric lifts his shield and manages to deflect the blow to the side, but the shock of the hit rattled his teeth and caused his vision to blur for a moment. The giant dwarf is strong.. stronger than one would suspect.

Barakus, in the undead mass, becomes a tornado made of arms, teeth and claws, biting two skeletons and shattering them to pieces, his claws tearing into the Zombie trying to drag off Nyo the Serene, dealing a minor blow.

(Seph 5 foot steps north to 70E/125N-75E/120N, attacks Kishi, misses with a 15. The remaining eagles under his control swoop in and surround Kishi, attacking with rolls of 13, 6, 17, and Natural 20. Kishi takes 9 damage on the crit. Barak attacks the Skeleton at 55E/25N with a 33 dealing 15 damage, the Skeleton at 55E/20N with a 17, dealing 15 damage, and the Zombie holding Nyo at 50E/20N with a 12, dealing 5 damage. Both skeletons drop.)

Warder is Up. Ny or Jezza is controlling. Map is updated

****! :shakefist

Second Talon Today, 10:51 AM Post #23

Captain

benjamins: 61

Warder, seeing Ny unconsious, screams out and points wildly"You! You! Help him pull him out! You, You and You, GET HIM!" While it seems to the Cudgel that his commands were.. bizarre and uncontrolled, the undead seem to move exactly how he wants them.

Muttering, he turns back to the battle and casts a spell. Nothing seems to happen. Cursing, Warder turns back to see how his pets are doing... and is enraged to see that nothing has changed. More zombies have joined in trying to pull Nyo from the battle, but the Whip manages to hold fast. The Chimera, at least, managed to bite twice and gore once, though the Skeleton missed completely.

Meanwhile, Osric, surrounded by birds and a large angry dwarf trying to split him in half, is mildly confused when a glowing battleaxe appears beside him, hovering in the air.

(Kishi identifies the spell as Resistance. two zombies join the grapple (for a total of 3 zombies vs. the Whip. Zombie 1 - 18, Whip 18..defender wins. Zombie 2 - 4 vs. Whip's 26, Zombie 3 - 18 vs. Whip's 33. Chimera rolled 20, 21, 18, and 7, hitting three times and dealing 30 damage total. Skeleton rolled 5, missed. The remaining free zombie stepped in behind the skeleton.)

Kishi, JC, Prussia.. Go

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Today, 02:51 PM

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

Full Edit
Quick Edit
Second Talon Today, 01:15 PM Post #24

Captain

benjamins: 61

JC raises his bow, ready to launch forth a deadly hail of arrows.. and pauses. Shaking his head, he tries again... and for some reason, he just can't let go of the bowstring. He tries again for a third, and a fourth time.. but the results are the same. He just doesn't want to attack Warder, for reasons he can't even explain to himself... Warder somehow seems warded.

Der, still focused on Osric, screams out in pain as a dagger appears in his back, shortly followed by a female halfling. He seems to slow for a moment, obviously affected by something, but clearly shakes it off.

Osric takes this moment to step around an eagle and close in on the dwarf. With the halfling on his other side, he does his best to hurt the giant dwarf. Osric manages to hit twice, but does notice that it seems.. harder somehow.

(JC fails will save with a 15. Prussia strikes with a 48 on her roll, deals 18 damage. Seph succeeds in his Fort save. Kishi hits with a 20 and 24, dealing 22 damage total. So, to recap that, Seph took a total of 40 damage this round. Kishi's eagles, being uncommanded, land, hover, whatever.)

Seph is up

--------------------

Ghastly Comic (NSFW)
Bash.org

That was too close. >__O

Second Talon Today, 10:11 AM Post #25

Captain

benjamins: 38

Der steps back and orders his eagles in.. They swarm forward, two on Osric, one on JC, one on Prussia. Talons lash forward like tiny razors, but none manage to land a blow. Der swings his axe over his minion's heads, barely missing John Crichton.

Meanwhile, Barakus tears into the skeleton that swung at him last, barely striking the undead construct, ripping it apart with his jaws. He turns on the Chimera behind him, and bites it before spinning back to the Zombies holding Nyo, clawing one in the chest, and tearing the head off the other... while normally this wouldn't affect a zombie, this is the one he injured earlier. Down it goes.

(The eagle beside Kishi stays, the other eagles move to 70E/135N, 70E/120N, and 75E/120N. Seph steps back to 75-80E/125-130N. The Eagles rolled 15 and 16 against Kishi, 15 against JC, and 9 against Prussia, all missing. Seph swings at JC with an 18, missing.

Barak bites the skeleton with a 13, dealing 15 damage and dropping it. He bites the Chimera with a 21, deals 15 damage. He claws the injured Zombie with a 23, dealing 10 damage and dropping it, and hit another zombie with a 15, dealing 10 damage. Barak then 5 foots to 55E/20N. Though I reversed the descriptions in the text, just to make it more flavorful.)

Warder is up

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Today, 10:26 AM

So, then!

The Chimera lunges forward, a bite and a claw missing.. a bite, a gore hitting.. and one claw digging in deep enough to make up for the miss. The zombie behind Barakus lunges and misses. The others line up behind. Warder, meanwhile, merely moves closer to the fight.

(Chimera moves toward Barak, rolls 10, 25, 21, Natural 20, and 8. Damages are 10, 9, and 13 for a total of 32 damage. Zombie to the south misses with a 13. The three zombies continue their tug of war with the Whip, 16, 8, and 14 vs 28, 33, 24, Warder moves to 80E/35N)

Top of the round, JC, Prussia, Kishi

This post has been edited by Second Talon: Yesterday, 12:43 PM

God I FUCKIN' SUCK!!! >__<!!!!

John waits, knowing both Kishi and Prussia are going to take out their anger on the giant. Kishi steps in while Prussia tumbles to Der's other side. Seemingly as one, they strike, Kishi dealing two quick, powerful strokes (one especially so) while Prussia's dagger dives in deep.

Seeing that the giant dwarf has not falling, John pulls his bow and fires four shots as an eagle claws at his face and Der himself smashes his axe into John, ruining his aim and scattering his shots wildly.

(JC delays until after Kishi, Prussia tumbles to 85E/125N with a 17 to avoid the bird, and 32 to avoid Seph, and Prussia holds her action for Kishi. Kishi steps in to 70E/125N, triggering Prussia's single attack and attacking Der himself. Prussia rolls a 26, Kishi rolls Natural 20 and a 27. Prussia deals 10 damage with her attack, Kishi deals a total of 34, making the total thus far 44 damage. JC then goes, firing four shots at Seph and drawing AoOs from the eagle and Seph. The eagle rolls 15, Seph rolls 29 and deals 9 damage. JC rolls 10, 16, 11, and 14, all of which are misses.)

Seph's turn.