Phantom Breaker: Omnia Now Comes In Spicy Flavor

Staff member
Last year, Rocket Panda Games introduced Phantom Breaker: Omnia, a remake of the 2D anime fighter Phantom Breaker: Extra from 2013. The game contains 20 unique characters with 3 fighting styles to pick from for each, and includes the entire roster from Extra along with four additions: guest fighters Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and Rimi Sakihata from Chaos;Head, and two brand-new characters who made their debut in Omnia.
Whelp…they weren’t done. Rocket Panda just added a free update to Phantom Breaker: Omnia which they say turns it into the “Spicy Edition.” What kind of spice has been added, you ask? An announcer. “THE” announcer to be specific, who you heard in the trailer for the game. Now every strike and blow of your matches will be shouted to the rafters by this overenthusiastic broadcaster (and you can actually set his level of enthusiasm). Of course if you don’t like “THE ANNOUNCER” you have the option of shutting him off.

THE ANNOUNCER
He’s back, and his voice is...

Continue reading...

To be honest, I'm sorry to admit, but this game is seriously lacking in quality.

It's not just the gamepad controls that are messed up. This wouldn't be an issue if the button settings menu, for example, were vastly improved. Show actions and assign buttons is the best method for setting up button settings. This has been known for a long time. As a result of the game's lack of this feature, reassigning controls with the scrambled buttons is significantly more difficult than it needs to be. If you want a waifu fighter, Skullgirls, Vanguard Princess and SNK Superheroines are better.

There are so many new characters and so much attention to detail placed into localization that it's hard to believe it's only been out for short period of time.

I've had a terrific time playing through the narrative mode thanks to the excellent cast and voice acting.
Playing through each character's story in Omnia mode has been an enjoyable experience for me.
The Phantom Breaker series has never seemed more complete with this release. I can't wait for the spicy edition!

Son of my Parents
Glad the characters of this game looks like adults. I still have PTSD from Arcana Hearts.