I think PC steam version seems to be good enough for modern games. As for the old remakes. Not sure how many of them are on steam. But it'd be interesting to see how that one goes.

You mean the old versions ? This isn't really a remake, it's just a port with a few additions. It's still the best version of FF8 and is likely to remain as such.

Final Fantasy 8 is my first final fantasy ever. I'd say with all the visual mods that are available now, I think it'll be worth a try. After my first run through way back then I didn't get to play it anymore. I pretty much forgot everything about it. So I'd say it'll be a nice time to run through this again.

As for the game changing mods, I'd still prefer vanilla with just visual mods. It wouldn't be the same if the game would be easier. Because I remember back then, when internet wasn't that common yet, I had to call my friends just to ask what's the next thing to do when I'm stuck at a certain part. We even used to print out walkthroughs! oh boy, good times!

I've seen a hard mode mod, but not one to make the game easier. While I would dislike such a mod if it existed, and the game isn't even that hard in the first place, maybe it would make the game more appealing to the new generation of gamers who wouldn't touch it otherwise.

Do you mean smartphones or handheld consoles ?
I would agree with smartphones being pretty bad for gaming, as they weren't exactly designed with that in mind. They are uncomfortable to hold for longer periods of time in my experience, and with no buttons you have to do everything on a touchscreen which is not always a good thing.
Handheld consoles are not always comfortable to game on either, but are still far better than smartphones.

Smartphones was what I meant, I wouldn't consider handheld consoles mobile games

Oh yeah the handhelds do a much better job than any mobile games, but I get why people would naturally compare them. Phones just cannot seem to catch up quite yet at least.

Oh yeah the handhelds do a much better job than any mobile games, but I get why people would naturally compare them. Phones just cannot seem to catch up quite yet at least.
Handheld consoles are also portable. Hence the confusion :D
Phones won't ever catch up. I said in another thread that the reason is that mobile hardware has to be restricted to very low power draw, so it is comparatively weak. Even the handheld consoles are noticeably weaker in comparison to full-sized ones and pc's.

Handheld consoles are also portable. Hence the confusion :D
Phones won't ever catch up. I said in another thread that the reason is that mobile hardware has to be restricted to very low power draw, so it is comparatively weak. Even the handheld consoles are noticeably weaker in comparison to full-sized ones and pc's.

Portable would be a different story, mobile always refers to phone/tablet :p
I play very few games in the mobile format, hence why I'd much rather get them on my 3DS. Tends to cost more that way though :( Play Store has specials on them sometimes so that would be way easier

Portable would be a different story, mobile always refers to phone/tablet :p
I play very few games in the mobile format, hence why I'd much rather get them on my 3DS. Tends to cost more that way though :( Play Store has specials on them sometimes so that would be way easier
Well yeah, portable games tend to be more expensive but they also tend to be a lot better. What do you mean by Play Store having specials ? discounts ? I hardly buy anything there.

Well yeah, portable games tend to be more expensive but they also tend to be a lot better. What do you mean by Play Store having specials ? discounts ? I hardly buy anything there.

Yes, specials like Steam does. Big sales where a ton of stuff is discounted. There was a period of time where all the FF games were discounted to like $8 instead of $12 (local currency). I couldn't bring myself to do it though even at that price. It seems like a lot of money for a mobile game, and I feel like most of the titles wouldn't translate well.

I think 2D, pre FF7 games could work easily with a touchscreen. The biggest problem would be the small screen though, your eyes would get strained pretty quickly.

Administrator
Staff member
This version now have an HD mod! Ps1 character models are replaced with ps2 looking models. I love PC gaming for the mods. I heard there are mods in progress to make the game look like its for pS3.

Well that is good news and it is nice to see things keep improving. I hope that what you are hearing is correct and we will soon see the ps3 models.