This version now have an HD mod! Ps1 character models are replaced with ps2 looking models. I love PC gaming for the mods. I heard there are mods in progress to make the game look like its for pS3.
Is the character redesign any good though ? I've seen a couple of better character models mods for other games, and I wasn't very impressed.

I have recently bought the steam version and I'm currently 10 hours into the game. I haven't played any single version before so I'm really hoping that I made the right decision with this purchase.

Administrator
Staff member
Is the character redesign any good though ? I've seen a couple of better character models mods for other games, and I wasn't very impressed.

Well seeing the Ps1 models looking less polygonic and cubic is a huge improvement for me. They finally have fingers. The mods were even featured by escapist magazine.

Well seeing the Ps1 models looking less polygonic and cubic is a huge improvement for me. They finally have fingers. The mods were even featured by escapist magazine.
Do the new models respect the original character art, or do they look mostly/completely different ? That is more or less what I was asking.

Administrator
Staff member
They are completely new models. They look more Ps2 than PS1. Sadly their mouths still don't move on cut scenes. A complete remake will be needed to make that happen. The only mod I needed now is a voice mod.

They are completely new models. They look more Ps2 than PS1. Sadly their mouths still don't move on cut scenes. A complete remake will be needed to make that happen. The only mod I needed now is a voice mod.
I think I've seen a voiceover mod somewhere, not sure it was ever finished though. I wouldn't use it myself though, the quality is probably atrocious.

Administrator
Staff member
There is a voiceover mod but the project seemed to be abandoned. I dont care if Rinoa ends up sounding like a Lumberjack, I just want to play this game with voiceovers. Legend of Dragoon is a game from the same era and that game had voice acting.

I see where you are coming from with wanting the mod but I am not sure the lumberjack voice would be much better lol. Maybe it would actually make things a little more relaxed though when playing.