Paying for video games

How much are you ready to pay for a video game and why?
I don't plan on spending more than 20$ on any video game, because I think that they usually don't deserve more money than that. I rather wait for the price to drop or for some sales, so that the games get cheaper.

Administrator
Staff member
I can't justify full price. They need to hit the $20-30 range to be worth it.

I cant pay too much, due to my current financial situation. But if theres a steam sale i sometimes get a few games. but otherwise... ARRR

I have to agree. $50 dollars was my limit on spending it on a video game. Once these next gen monsters that are nothing more than last gen machines with not too different graphics. Seriously, WHY do these games cost 60 or 70 bucks?! Black Fridays, Cyber Monday and holiday sales, here I came.

I'm not ready for the Winter sale on Steam. But I'll try to not buy too much because the some of the games I bought last Summer Sale are not yet played.

I'm will to pay $10 on a game. Not because I don't think they're not worth more than $10, but that's all I can really afford. I bought most of my PS3 games by selling my old games, and the games I have on steam I got in Humble Bundles or in sales.
If I had the money, I would be willing to pay at most $40 for a game. Anything above that is getting silly.

I can never justify paying full price either, partially because of our current financial situation and partially because I just don't feel a game should be that much- I usually get them between $10-20.

I pay £54.99 for the majority of my next gen games, which Google informs me equates to ~$86.05!
I could get most cheaper, but I'm always desperate to play on launch day with any new games.

I have more disposable income than most, and it's my primary hobby - aside from the usual bills, I have no children, no TV package - Gaming is everything to me. It has occurred to me that I could cut the cost considerably, which is something I plan to do in the new year, but we'll see how that goes.

How much are you ready to pay for a video game and why?
I don't plan on spending more than 20$ on any video game, because I think that they usually don't deserve more money than that. I rather wait for the price to drop or for some sales, so that the games get cheaper.
I use to run out and buy the new Madden as soon as it hit the stores, but It's not that serious for me anymore. I'm older and wiser, and a wise man can wait you a good deal on the same product at a later date. $20 is about the limit for me as well.

J

JoshPosh

Back in the day I would pay that much, but not now. There are a lot of ways to get cheap used games. Ebay is one. Most game retailers have used game sales. $5 dollar games are seen and heard of so it's worth taking a look at. Or if you have a lot of friends that play video games, just borrow the games from them after they have passed them.