Parents Television and Media Council are Mad because Disney Plus is adding Marvel Netflix shows

Awkward Correspondent
Parents Television and Media Council is an association of conservative parents who wants the good old days back. They miss those golden times when Disney does nothing but Princess Movies and Mickey mouse. R18 films are joining the Disney Plus library and these concerned K̶a̶r̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶parents. Here are some of their statements regardless of this so-called controversy.

Parents Television and Media Council Tweets

Parents beware, @disneyplus will soon feature Marvel series with explicit content @FDRLST @JoshMShep https://t.co/ek0dfssUBx
— Parents Television and Media Council (@ThePTC) March 9, 2022

It's called giving people options. Disney owns the rights to these shows...

Continue reading...

Sentai collector
I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's like these people want no responsibility of their own. They still have the option to filter out what they don't want their families to watch. I guess it's called Disney Plus for a reason. Why should everyone else give in to them and their boredom? You don't want to see it, don't watch it, problem solved. I personally welcome the Marvel additions.

People from the Puritan Era, from what I recall, died centuries ago? So why are these ancient minded individuals using the internet to start petitions? This way is how we view children: Stop treating children as unintelligent, and get rid of the censorship and religious garbage. Parents must take responsibility for their children. No artist or firm should listen to these parents. We believe in unrestricted creative freedom and free speech. I grew up watching Telenovelas with my Grandma those shows have sex and violence but I turned out fine because she told me that what I see on TV is something I should not emulate in real life.

Seeing these individuals cry for something adjustable with a silly Parental Control option in the settings box is sad. This Stupidity makes me very proud of my parents for allowing my sister and me to see beautiful movies before the age of ten. They had seen Predator, Aliens, Child's Play,Terminator, The Fly, Robocop, and other films with us, and we're well aware that most movie ratings are meaningless. I agree with Sagrario that Parents can simply tell kids not to imitate what they see on screen.

The Black Cauldron, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Nightmare Before Christmas are all Disney films. Not Family Friendly at all.

There is such a thing called parental controls. Or they might genuinely watch these shows with their children like people used to do back in the day, and I've been a long-time critic of "parents groups" who insist that everything be made immaculate for the darling youngsters. If children's television shows are overly sanitized, they will become socially and culturally illiterate. So, yes, parents should be more aware of and concerned about what their children watch. Isn't it true that Disney purchased everything? Although I am a teenager, I am aware of what is good and wrong. Just because I saw someone in a fictional TV show get shot in the head doesn't mean I'll go out and shoot people. Violent people are not violent as a result of violent media. They are damaging because they suffer from mental health concerns, and their parents do not take mental health seriously because they believe it is a waste of money. Watching shows like Gossip Girl and Riverdale never made me want to commit pre-marital sex as these crazy moms worry.

Some parents are utterly incomprehensible to me. What age group of kids is they referring to? Toddlers?
What kind of toddlers are into watching daredevil? That show will bore them to death. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the content. Many of these organizations rely on controversy to collect money for their causes. Setting up parental control can be done in a minute while doing these waste of time complaints takes many days. The whining always came from Always this crowd. As if it were everyone else's responsibility, not their own, to keep mature content away from their children. No one should have trouble figuring out how to protect their passwords in this day and age. These people refuse to wear a mask and believe Covid is not accurate while using Essential oils to cure cancer.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's like these people want no responsibility of their own. They still have the option to filter out what they don't want their families to watch. I guess it's called Disney Plus for a reason. Why should everyone else give in to them and their boredom? You don't want to see it, don't watch it, problem solved. I personally welcome the Marvel additions.
They want their parenting style to be hands free and automated! 😁🤣

Moments like this makes me happy I don't live with my overprotective parents anymore.

DareDevil doesn't appeal to children. I agree they should be worried about Youtube more.