Paramount Plans To Drown You With Trek In 2022

Staff member
Had enough Star Trek yet? Paramount will tell you when you’ve had enough! The corporation’s relationship to this brand has been interesting to observe over the decades. Whenever Paramount is doing fine, and doesn’t need to take any risks, it treats Trekkies like they barely exist. But whenever they’re launching something that costs billions of dollars to maintain and can’t afford to have it fail, suddenly Trek is BACK and being produced by the truckload. We saw it with the launch of UPN in the 90s and we’re seeing it now with Paramount+.
There was a time when two concurrent Trek shows was a lot, but Paramount currently has a record-breaking five going: Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy, and Strange New Worlds. According to Nicole Clemens, president of original scripted series at Paramount+, five isn’t enough. “You may see a few more very curated additions coming,” she...

Continue reading...

Hey I just met you!
As a Trekkie, this news gives me life. I can binge all day long. Too Bad Paramount plus is not yet available on my area