Paper Mario Joins Nintendo Switch Online Mess December 10

Staff member
Nintendo Switch Online’s Expansion Pass was made active last October and immediately ran into a firestorm of bad PR. Customers raged online about the poor emulation, the blatant input delay issues, and the outrageous price hike ($50 a year as opposed to the normal flavor’s $20 a year).
Nintendo released a statement last month that kinda-sorta suggested they were taking the complaints into account. “Going forward, we will continue to improve and expand both Nintendo Switch Online and Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack striving to provide services that satisfy consumers,” they said. They didn’t directly address any of the specific problems, and if they’re working on them, we wouldn’t know.
What we DO know is that they plan to continue the drip-feed schedule for Nintendo 64 as they did with NES and SNES, and it starts with Paper Mario. The announcement was made this afternoon that...

Continue reading...

True Patriot
I just 100% completed the game, and I enjoyed it A LOT. It was genuinely excellent, and yes, I have played the first games. The one issue is the battles. I feel like they're getting pointless and annoying. Maybe if Nintendo tried experimenting with making the battles in an RPG-type style, where you fight and don't go into "taking turns and lining up enemies."
All in all, the game is fantastic. I just hoped that the battle system was superior. I am excited to have copies of these games again because my N64 is broken. This port is like a blessing from the Gods.