Read my smart post
This thread title is very misleading. For a second I thought there was a literal Godzilla vs. Gundam movie (don't judge me)

Everywhere You Go
This movie just screams anime at me! The story also sounds like what would be in a mecha anime! Looking forward to this! And I'm glad a Japanese person is being cast. I guess the Jaeger from the past that the main characters will pilot is a powerful prototype that's stronger than the modern ones. If so, that'll be awesome!

I hope the Jaegers will have awesome designs. Perhaps influenced by Japanese mecha from anime like Gundam or Mazinger!

As a mecha anime fan, I'm definitely excited about this! Also, Jaeger reminds me of Jeeg, a Japanese super robot!:D

I think I'll save judgement until I see a trailer.

This thread title is very misleading. For a second I thought there was a literal Godzilla vs. Gundam movie (don't judge me)

I kind of felt the same way.
Continuity aside, I thought it would have been awesome...

This movie just screams anime at me! The story also sounds like what would be in a mecha anime! Looking forward to this! And I'm glad a Japanese person is being cast. I guess the Jaeger from the past that the main characters will pilot is a powerful prototype that's stronger than the modern ones. If so, that'll be awesome!

I hope the Jaegers will have awesome designs. Perhaps influenced by Japanese mecha from anime like Gundam or Mazinger!

As a mecha anime fan, I'm definitely excited about this! Also, Jaeger reminds me of Jeeg, a Japanese super robot!:D

Again, I'm reserving judgement. "Kaiju" is a term that has been, as of recently, thrown around rather haphazardly in the west. A prime example being the Cartoon Network original CGI animated movie Firebreather, which didn't really capture the genuine feel of Kaiju to me. Felt more akin to the American Godzilla movie. So I really hope they stay true the Japanese style in this movie.

It's Judgement Time!
is this... is this like going to be a major budget movie? Like world wide release? It sounds like the synopsis on the back of a $10 Japanese movie you find in the far corner of an Anime thrift store.

But if this is supposed to be a major commercial release then hell fuckin yeah!

Dull Brilliance
is this... is this like going to be a major budget movie? Like world wide release? It sounds like the synopsis on the back of a $10 Japanese movie you find in the far corner of an Anime thrift store.

But if this is supposed to be a major commercial release then hell fuckin yeah!

"Pacific Rim" is being directed by Guillermo Del Toro who also directed Blade II, the Hellboy movies & Pan's Labyrinth. He also wrote the upcoming Hobbit movies. So yeah, safe to say this is going to be a major release, not some el cheapo straight-to-video flick.

Brave Sound~
So here's some Idris Elba

scaled.php

and here's Asylum doing what they do best...

scaled.php

pacific-rim_poster.jpg

IF that's the design he's going for, it will be very interesting to see things in motion.

HEROW
bestmovieever.jpg

First Look at Charle Hunnam in Pacfic Rim and his cute little Co-Pliot Rinko Kikuchi