boogie woogie feng shui
This looks like it's going to be a major triumph for the genre in the West. I really like the techy look of the pilot suits, and though not much of the mech is visible it looks like they've gone all the way in terms of the Japanese-influenced elements of the design.

bestmovieever.jpg

Wow. So this is what happened to that rumored live action Evangelion movie. :rimshot:

Everywhere You Go
I hope there will be some nice mecha anime references, other than the fact that this involves mecha. Would love to see Gundam and other mecha series references!:D

A Secret Messenger ...
The synopsis sounds pretty typical/cliche for a giant robot anime ... BUT ... it still looks pretty awesome! And I'm definitely for bringing this genre to the west.

It's a shame this has got such a stupid name though. "Pacific Rim?" That's so generic and safe. Why don't they just call it "Some Robot Movie."

Maybe del Toro's next film will be a grim tale loosely inspired by Kamen Rider called "Corn Belt."

Brave Sound~
So apparently Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan (Saw 4-6) had a hand in writing the screenplay for this movie. I never really finished Saw but from what I've heard, those installments in the franchise were...okay. But who knows, it's a different element this time around.

boogie woogie feng shui
Their particularly ridiculous brand of screenwriting may be perfectly suited for a project like this.