I don't do sense
Whether its a ninja clan or a motorcycle, if its the name of something and its not katakana don't mess with it
There's no rules that say "names can't be translated".
There's no rules that say "everything in katakana shouldn't be translated".
Both of these are silly notions.

I realize that modern English translation practice steers clear of remaking proper nouns, but we're dealing mostly with children shows where it's not just appropriate, but required really.

Banned
Dude, back the **** off of him. You always say people are entitled to their own opinions, when its your opinion, but the minute somebody says something you don't agree with, you attack them. And while people like me are articulate enough to defend themselves, its pretty obvious that demigomoramon isn't and you're just being a bully.

Whether its a ninja clan or a motorcycle, if its the name of something and its not katakana don't mess with it

No. I was not attacking him. He said it was a silly translation, I asked him for a translation that he would find not silly. All you do is yell and scream about nonsense. You are the one that attacks others. your post here and many others are proof of that. And calling yourself articulate.. HAH... :anime::sweat:

I love how you have these made up rules.

Let's Morphin
well..
you can't just translate kamehameha into turtle blast wave...

right?

They did leave Rekka Daizantou untouched.

However, I'm upset they had Nobuo say "my waifu" instead of "mai waifu" on the last Akibaranger

Henshin a Go-Go!!
There's no rules that say "names can't be translated".

I didn't say there was a rule. I just think its stupid and is actively stripping the culture out of the language.

There's no rules that say "everything in katakana shouldn't be translated".

I know there isn't a rule, but it also sounds fucking stupid when the Axecalibur is clearly saying "touch" but they change it to "five".

No. I was not attacking him. He said it was a silly translation, I asked him for a translation that he would find not silly. All you do is yell and scream about nonsense. You are the one that attacks others. your post here and many others are proof of that. And calling yourself articulate.. HAH... :anime::sweat:

I love how you have these made up rules.

I'm very articulate In fact, you've already admitted that you aren't as articulate as I am in the past. Jesus Christ, do you honestly put any thought into what you write? And yes, you are being a bully. And I don't attack people, stop projecting.

They did leave Rekka Daizantou untouched.

That makes no sense at all. Dude, Screw O-T, at least TV-N is consistent.

Last edited:
I don't do sense
I know there isn't a rule, but it also sounds fucking stupid when the Axecalibur is clearly saying "touch" but they change it to "five".
Wasei-eigo is NOT English.

Peek a Boo!
@ LaZerwolfX: As far as I can remember, it is ShinkenAnon's choice to stick with the toy name for Rekka Daizantou. I think the reason was because it is the only weapon in the core Shinkenger individual weapons that is in Japanese. I think they opted to translate it to Inferno Cleaver or something.

I have plenty knowledge, I just think it sounds ridiculous when a character is obviously saying "mansion" and people change it to apartment. Yes thats what it means but this is where translators notes come into play. Mansion is the word Japanese people use for apartment. All one would have to do is give a lil context and BOOM! the viewer will never have to think about what it means when they see the word mansion in their subtitles again. its really not that big of a deal.

I find that view ridiculous.

I've been watching dramas for the longest time, and when I first saw (read) Kimura Takuya telling Matsu Takako in Love Generation that he wanted to take her home to his mansion, it confused the hell out of me. WTH kind of mansion has only one room? Spent the rest of the series wondering where that mansion went.

Remember that when a series is subbed:
1. The translators have to cater to the those with the least common denominator
2. The less things flying about in the screen which aren't supposed to be there, the better.

Last edited:
A Secret Messenger ...
I can't stand OverTime. They keep posting pictures of donuts on their front page and it makes me hungry. Don't they understand that I'm trying to be healthy!?

I can't stand OverTime. They keep posting pictures of donuts on their front page and it makes me hungry. Don't they understand that I'm trying to be healthy!?

Yes. They should change it with fried chicken!