Music Original version vs other renditions

One of my favorite things is when a new artist can take an older song by an artist, maybe even not in their own genre, and recreate the song to make it completely their own version. I wanna be able to hear the same exact song back to back without thinking that I just listened to the same song back to back, if you understand what I mean by that.

Love Lorde doing everyone wants to rule the world, I also like Five Finger Death Punch's version of the song Bad Company, so much better then the original. That's not always true though Axel Rose does Live and Let Die and it is no where as good as the Paul McCarthy version. I think one of the best remakes was Marilyn Manson doing sweet dreams, it is so good. Eurthimics did so many great songs, I heard Anne Lenox do Procol Harum song Whiter Shade of pale and it was just lovely. She sounded fantastic.

I really like Boyce Avenue! They have such awesome talent for making covers. Hahahah they often take an artist's song and turn it into their own unique version!
I love Boyce Avenue! My favorite one is their "Fast Car" video - honestly, I could listen to that for such a long time. I feel like they take a song and they really just add their own unique meaning to it. They really interpret it in a way that makes you think about the song differently.

I'm really not a fan of cover versions at all and cannot stand to hear my favourite songs being ruined. One of the few exceptions is "Dead Souls", originally recorded by Joy Division and covered by Nine Inch Nails some years later. I think Trent Reznor did a great job with it.