So yeah. Just got done watching this thing.

And I gotta say I'm impressed with the OOO portion. It had almost every Inoue cliche (save falling into water) squeezed into a 30 odd minute feature. The man's outdone himself this time

Also, best reaction to being crushed under a car:
[HIDE]
2yxjg4i.jpg
[/HIDE]

OOO part of the movie is ok, but I had a lot of problems with it. Why they make Nobunaga as the protagonist? Also, the inconsistent time changes with friendly Nobunaga becomes rich and despise Eiji. He wasn't bad actor, but what was the point of reviving him and giving him the birth driver and 3 core medals? They didn't show how the medals were created. The Greeeds and Ankh had very small roles in the movie. I highly doubt Giru will be portray the same in the TV series.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
OOO part of the movie is ok, but I had a lot of problems with it. Why they make Nobunaga as the protagonist? Also, the inconsistent time changes with friendly Nobunaga becomes rich and despise Eiji. He wasn't bad actor, but what was the point of reviving him and giving him the birth driver and 3 core medals? They didn't show how the medals were created. The Greeeds and Ankh had very small roles in the movie. I highly doubt Giru will be portray the same in the TV series.

The story is being told in a short span of time... It's supposed to be several months after that Nobunaga was able to amass wealth and was about to take over the Kougami Foundation. Kougami knows who Nobunaga is, and would like to see what Nobunaga can do with the Birth Driver. Will he take over the world as a Kamen Rider??? After fighting the Ptera Yummy, Nobunaga saved a girl and said that he would need the people's support in order to take over the world. Basically, Kougami was acting as a Devil's advocate. They didn't show how the black cores were created because it was assumed that those already exist in that world. The movie centers on OOO and not on the Greeeds - movie's title was Nobunaga's Desire, not Greeed's Desire...

That's a mistranslation...
It actually says "**** THERE'S A FUCKING CAR ON MY LEG! WHY?! WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS GOD! TAKE MY CHILDREN INSTEAD! **** YOU!! **** YOU SO HARD!"

But Over-time was pretty close.

It actually says "**** THERE'S A FUCKING CAR ON MY LEG! WHY?! WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS GOD! TAKE MY CHILDREN INSTEAD! **** YOU!! **** YOU SO HARD!"

But Over-time was pretty close.

Trudat!

Lurker
Just finished watching it.

The W part was simply amazing. I wish Skull would get his own W Returns movie. 'Cause I think everyone will agree that he was the star here. No W, no Accel, just Skull kicking some Dopant ass, and alongside Shroud! That was awesome.

I liked the OOO portion of the film, just think it has a lot of inconcistency to it.
And the Core part... Well, I'm happy to see they acknowledge the existence of Brazil, even if just for carnival and samba... And Chiyoko in that outfit just made my day :p

The story is being told in a short span of time... It's supposed to be several months after that Nobunaga was able to amass wealth and was about to take over the Kougami Foundation. Kougami knows who Nobunaga is, and would like to see what Nobunaga can do with the Birth Driver. Will he take over the world as a Kamen Rider??? After fighting the Ptera Yummy, Nobunaga saved a girl and said that he would need the people's support in order to take over the world. Basically, Kougami was acting as a Devil's advocate. They didn't show how the black cores were created because it was assumed that those already exist in that world. The movie centers on OOO and not on the Greeeds - movie's title was Nobunaga's Desire, not Greeed's Desire...

Well Skull part of the movie make more sense to me and was able to tie in to main series.

Well Skull part of the movie make more sense to me and was able to tie in to main series.

That's because it's canon the W's series.... OOOs part is currently non-canon.

Podcaster and Toy Commentator
I just saw it also.

So I loved the W Stuff. it was all great, fit well, and was nice to see a small epilogue with those wonderful characters. I even liked the origin of the "Count up you crimes" saying!

Now i thought the OOO's section was OK, but a little rushed. i got that Nobunaga was getting wealth and power over time, but because of the small time we got to see him, I didnt care about him enough to care when he went bad. It all felt like it needed another 10/15 minutes, with maybe that fleshed out to add detials. Im only 8 eps into )))'s, and havent decied if I like it yet, so Continuity wise i have no comment.

The combination stuff worked OK overall. I didnt really like the saw of "Half on fire giant Rider 1" Core memory, but it wasnt terrible. The resulting fight was cool, and i did like seeing the different ways the 2 Riders react to things. Eiji is so far my favorite part of OOO's i think. shotaro freaking out over Ankh, and the eijis reaction to "count up your crimes!" was awesome :)

Overall i didnt mind it, but thought it wasnt as good as Gaia memories of fate or All Riders.

I'm not sure if it was on this thread, but there was a question before about why did Eiji Ended up in Brazil and Shotaro/Philip came back up on Japan.... From rewatching the movie, CJGX was flying down doing the rider kick, TaJaDol was coming from below. As CJGX hits KR Core, he doesn't go through him. The same thing for TaJaDol. So, in effect, both CJGX and TaJaDol bounced back from where they were coming from. CJGX going back up to the surface, while TaJaDol passed on to the other side, in which case, the movie depicted it as Brazil.

Just 'Neg' will suffice.
They didn't go through? Then you are a more admirable man than I to bother watching it again to find out :thumbs: