General Discussion Online TV Viewing

I consider the option of watching TV networks, and watching online episodes. I have decided that both options are great.

I set aside Wednesday at 8pm to watch Arrow. I catch up with Big Bang on the network website.

If I had to choose between either or, I think I would have a hard time deciding.

Do any of you prefer, like or dislike either option?

I prefer watching online as I can choose when I can. There are times where I rarely even turn on the TV. When I do it is because I want to check out the news.

I prefer watching online as I can choose when I can. There are times where I rarely even turn on the TV. When I do it is because I want to check out the news.

I can see where a lot of people are going with the Online Viewing. It is convenient and does not have you tied up to a specific schedule.

I prefer getting my entertainment online in whatever way I can. Sometimes I stream, other times I download etc and it's much easier and more tolerable than television. I don't have to wait for the show to come on, I don't have to be forced to endure ads from companies I despise and I don't have to worry about missing anything. I was sick of how the providers were constantly ripping us off too and paying for a billion channels when I only watch a few is silly lol. So it's gone until they get their hands on my free entertainment ;)

I don't normally watch TV online just because I can't find any good TV online viewing website. Plus, if I want to watch the show, I would purchase through ITunes or Amazon. I usually watch TV on my phone, which it has the mobile TV app.

I never ever stream. I have had too many incidents where I have been reading a story online and then the internet will just suddenly stop working, causing me to have to phone my service provider - only for them to tell me that they are working on repairing the fault. Nope. These days. I select stories that I want to read and copy all of it to my phone, and I download all TV shows. I never stream. Plus waiting for it to buffer can be a tad annoying.

Online viewing works for me. It definitely gives me the flexibility and convenience to watch whatever I want whenever I want. This seems to be the new trend that television stations are currently wrestling with.

I prefer TV, I totally dislike services like Netflix and such. Since I'm an extrememly old-fashioned girl who likes to watch her preferred TV show, plus waiting for my preferred TV show always give me something to look forward to. I only watch things online when they're impossible to find on TV, like for example online anime!

Contributor
I've had to rely on online viewing for the last 8 months, and it's really made me miss cable. I love that online lets you pick whatever you want to see, but I hate that (especially with Hulu) the same 5 ads seem to play over and over. I get it, targeted advertising makes more money. But seeing the smartwatch commercial fifty times does not make me want to buy fifty watches. On cable, you get to see all sorts of ads made for all sorts of people, and you can even laugh with them.

What a great diverse number of answers. I see that TV still has its followers. Online viewing is great, but as Kelly said, it is awful to have to watch the same commercial over and over. I like the variety of commercials too.

As far as online viewing, and tv viewing, it looks like they both still have their audience.