Once Upon A Time fans

I love the old-school fairy tales and how their characters have been portrayed in Once Upon a Time. The writers of this series have managed to twist children’s stories for general viewing and I think they have done an excellent job. Nothing about this series is predictable at all and I always look forward to the next episode.

I have seen just part of one episode, but I need to see more because it looks fascinating.

Most people do not know how dark and violent fairy tales originally were. Since one purpose for telling fairy tales was warning youngsters about worldly dangers, similar to Aesop's fables teaching ethics and values, the fright these tales engendered was a tool to hold the attention of immature audiences with short attention spans.

I have been so disappointed by adults' need to soften the impact of these stories, by removing the fantasy violence. Their not being aware of the impact's serving an important purpose seems a special kind of ignorance.

My wife has the show automatically recorded when it airs and then does her own personal marathon once every couple of weeks. While I would probably never tune in by choice, I do find myself getting interested. It is well done and they have managed to mix the modern age in with the traditional fairy tales quite well.

The guy who plays Rumpelstiltskin is a great actor and I have started seeing him in other film roles....

I have seen just part of one episode, but I need to see more because it looks fascinating.

Most people do not know how dark and violent fairy tales originally were. Since one purpose for telling fairy tales was warning youngsters about worldly dangers, similar to Aesop's fables teaching ethics and values, the fright these tales engendered was a tool to hold the attention of immature audiences with short attention spans.

I have been so disappointed by adults' need to soften the impact of these stories, by removing the fantasy violence. Their not being aware of the impact's serving an important purpose seems a special kind of ignorance.
MercyL, then this is a show you must watch. There's nothing soft about this and it makes you look at the stories from a totally different perspective. The fairy tales we grew up on are not terrifying at all because the 'evil witch' characters are defeated so easily; real life is nothing like that.

This is a very unconventional show, and I also really like how they turn the fairy tale characters into real people, and it goes back and forth with them. Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin is of course my favorite actor in this series.
We watched it on Netflix after my daughter told me how much she enjoyed it, and it did not take long to go through the available episodes.
Hopefully, Netflix will have a new season available again soon, and we can catch up closer to where they are actually at.

I love fairy-tale stories very much. I was so happy to see "Once Upon A Time" has made into a TV show! I can sit at home and watch any kind of fairy-tale TV show or movie all day.

I'm looking forward to the next season. It's one of those shows with so many sudden twists and turns, so missing a single episode would be disastrous. I hear that there is a spin-off coming up centering around Wonderland - I hope it will be just as good.