Old cartoons that new remakes

What cartoons did you watch as a kid, and see come back in newer incantations? I have seen several "Tom and Jerry" reboots, as well as "Scooby-Doo" and "Looney Tunes". I never cared for the remakes of most of the cartoons, as they were too different from the originals, such as when they made "Tom and Jerry Kids", and the characters were younger, squattier versions of the originals. I did like the last version of "Looney Tunes" however. I was really disappointed when the modern version was cancelled after only two seasons. What remakes have you seen? Did you like them or not?

J

JoshPosh

You went back to the 50s, 60s, and 70s on that one. You pretty much mentioned the ones I use to watch as a youngster. I guess I have to hit the late 70s and 80s. Around that time I use to watch the Justice league as well as the amazing spiderman and friends. That was cool back then. Since then they have redone these cartoons several times. If not the Justice league then it would be on individual super heroes. I can't even count how many spiderman cartoons there have been since then. Too many to count really. But I have to say I like the direction and the look of how the newer cartoons. Deeper storyline helps also.

For the most part I'm really disappointed with the remakes. I didn't mind Baby Looney Toons too much, and I agree that the latest Looney Tunes is pretty good. It's less violent, but I'm happy to see they kept the pre-existing relationships with the friends/enemy's. There's quite a few that I don't like though. The countless spider man, batman, and other super hero ones are just getting farther from the original stories. The scooby do ones are just terrible. I haven't seen Tom and Jerry Kids though... and I don't think I want to.

My daughter watches the original "Tom and Jerry" cartoons every day, mid-morning. They were just on, as a matter of fact. I am surprised Cartoon Network allows them. Yes, we all know they are violent, but I have seen a couple where they are smoking, and in some cartoons, sexuality is obvious. I know that old cartoons were often made more for adults than kids, and they were shown before the movie started (instead of ads and trailers, like we get now). But I am just wondering if they are really appropriate.

There is a recent movie entitled Mr. Peabody & Sherman. I remember watching the old cartoons with my uncle who played it on a VHS tape. It was already a cartoon series before his childhood. I remember finding it interesting because instead of a person adopting a dog, the dog was the one who adopted a human baby. I managed to watch the movie last year and it was just as entertaining to watch as the old series back then.

Anime Reviewer
For me, Old Cartoons with New Remakes means "Anime" which got updated from their 70s or 80s platform into the Animation standards of today. Like Space Battleship Yamato 2199 or Sailor Moon even, the newer remakes of older shows are actually being handled quite well.

Cartoon Network does remakes of old cartoons too. They especially like old Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Johnny Quest and Space Ghost. Some of their stuff seems to be intentionally cheesy, and might be making fun of themselves. I am glad that stuff is on the overnight, because it is bad enough I have to watch "Teen Titans Go" what seems like 5 times a day.