I wanna fly high....
Ok, so I just found out that my friend has to go to her hometown (we're both on -campus students) because she doesn't have a ride to her current job. Now, I can't give her a ride because I'm going home myself. She is really upset about this because her family has caused her a lot of grief lately.

Me and another friend decide to go get her something to eat, we pick up the food and she comes to the door screaming. Crying. She had gotten into another fight with her grandma and she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

So, I decided to offer her a possible outlet: come with me to my hometown for awhile. She's met my family before and they absolutely love her. The thing is, I'm gonna have to run this across my mom first. The chances of my mom letting her stay with us are considerably high.

So, did I do the right thing? :disappoin

yeah that was the right thing to do.

On the next episode of, The Adventures of Vash.

Like a passing wind...
South Carolina eh? I live in the state above you:North Carolina. BTW, hope your friend is okay man.

Chief HJU News Editor
What's her grandma like? I'd hate to think it's just some teenage angst she's arguing with her over and you're being used as an escapegoat.

I wanna fly high....
Nah, she told me her grandma is pretty selfish.

Like the other day, she was trying to get a Moped so she could have a ride to work, but she had bad credit (really, does any college student have good credit?). The only way she could get it is if her grandma co-signed the lease and her grandma wouldn't even do that. And she has absolutley no means of transportation.

But really though this is far from angst. This is really "I'm about to have a nervous breakdown".

I'm sure she'd think you did the right thing, her family might not.

If the fighting is a normal occurrence, and it suddenly became worse, then you probably made the right choice. But her family could just want to see her over the summer, and it all just came out wrong... I don't know. *shrugs*

There is noting wrong in offering though. In the end it will still be (was?) her choice to make in accepting, not yours.

edit: Your friend probably just doesn't understand her grandmother (and visa-versa). I know I used to get upset (still do) about things, but I have to relucently agree with what my parents have done. They've already told me why they'd never co-sign anything for me, and why (but I can't remember :b).

But you know, I've never had major family issues, so I should probably shut up now. :p

Last edited: