Administrator
Staff member
Square enix actually wanted Noctis to be a guest character. It is their way to make fighting game characters to play Dissidia. They want Dissidia to be an E-sport and Tekken series is already a successful E-sport. They want to see tournaments for Dissidia.

My love for Noctis is definitely going to be enough to push me to trying out Tekken 7 just to see how he is built up in the game and his qualities, to know if he is upgraded or downgraded. Maybe I would be impressed with what they have done with him in the game.

Armed with magic and that sword, he is going to do a lot of damage.

I personally love that weapon of Noctis, it gives me wow feeling anytime I set my eyes on it. The size of it alone is very intimidating and awesomely amazing.

I think Noctis doesn't fit with Tekken's theme because they mostly fight with their fists hence the iron fist tournament, right? But they made a great job linking him to Lars to somehow make a connection to the Tekken and Final Fantasy XV. They would really attract new players to Tekken's community.

Administrator
Staff member
What Square Enix wanted is actually to make Tekken players play Dissidia Final Fantasy NT.

What Square Enix wanted is actually to make Tekken players play Dissidia Final Fantasy NT.
That didn’t cross my mind the first time I heard the announcement. They will really entice Tekken players to go and try out Dissidia because they are familiar with one character. Then they’ll soon buy other Final Fantasy games knowing each Dissidia character came from their own game. Well played Square. :D

I see why they recruited Noctis from Final Fantasy 15 for the Tekken 7 game, because he is a pretty good fighter with his sword as well. This would be fun to see though, and they say the gas station serves as a new arena for the game. It will be fun to see him take on all the fighters in Tekken 7 though- like Yoshimitsu, Devil Jin, and Jack 7 to name a few !
I like that Noctis has been included as a fighter for Tekken 7. However, I don't think his fighting style would place him in the top tier. Without his swords, he would get demolished. Of course, for that sake of whatever, he will be given some other superpower in order to compete with the more brutal Tekken 7 fighters.

I just thought of something. Tekken should enable players to guide their floating character (right or left, up or down) while they're being juggled to add a bit more obscurity to juggles, and to stimulate more than just a launch read. This way players who spam the same juggle are invited to switch stuff up to keep their opponents on their toes.

Administrator
Staff member
He is kind of weak. You won't see him used at tournaments at all. Asuka is the most used character at this moment. Noctis is ranked 31 at the roster. He is not popular to tekken fans at all.