Why do you assume this and how can you assume so? I don't think you ever get why the wii was underpowered in the first place.

And how does this hold up when the wii sold more than you can count?

The wii was underpowered because ninty wasn't focusing on power, they were focusing on making the gameplay of games good.

I think they should have waited a little more time before making another one the Wii is still pretty good and they didnt need to make another console, but whatever im not buying it am staying with my Wii

Banned
I think they should have waited a little more time before making another one the Wii is still pretty good and they didnt need to make another console, but whatever im not buying it am staying with my Wii

Yeah they kind of had to. The wii's sales are really slacking off. The reason, everyone has one.. Pretty much.

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I do hope that this next console(as well as the PS3 and the NeXt-Box) is not bombarded by nothing but First Person Shooters.I don`t hate the genre,but there have been WAY too many FPSs over the past year,and sadly,we`ll probably see a lot more before the end of 2011,including the 2,879th installment of Call of Duty.

The Wii has tons of hardcore games,in fact I`ll name several:
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Madworld
Data East Arcade Classics
Punch-Out
Epic Mickey
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid Prime
Sonic the Hedgehog(all)
De Blob 1 and 2
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
A Boy and his Blob
Mario Kart Wii
Klonoa
and others.
I own several of those games.In fact,out of the 57 Wii games I own,I`d say only 15% are casual based.

It`s as I said in another thread,all three companies have something for everyone on their systems.

I buy nintendo for first party games. Though people complain about less third party titles this time around (more like no ports of multiplatform titles on the PS3 and Xbox) I didn't really notice. But I'm sure this system will appease people that wanted that while letting them play some wii titles as well.

Zodasaur
I buy nintendo for first party games. Though people complain about less third party titles this time around (more like no ports of multiplatform titles on the PS3 and Xbox) I didn't really notice. But I'm sure this system will appease people that wanted that while letting them play some wii titles as well.

What are you talking about when you say no ports of multiplatform titles?? What do you call resident evil 4 and megaman 9 and 10 then? I say your exagerating.

Nube
The wii didn't get ports for most games because the Wii couldn't handle those games, if the Wii 2 is powerful enough to handle downgraded games of the PS4/nextbox it'll do fine if it can't then we're stuck with the Wii problem again and third parties have to make specific games for the wii.

SLICE
...or the 'Wii 2' as you so creatively dubbed it, might just be equal and/or better then the NextBox/PSFoursome.

God knows they have enough money for it

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
According to IGN, Nintendo Japan has confirmed that the new console will be announced and available for play at E3.

New Nintendo Console Confirmed

Nintendo Japan tonight confirmed it will release a new game console in calendar year 2012. It will be announced and playable at E3 this coming June.

"We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles," the company said in a brief statement. Nintendo did not reveal any additional details.

Multiple sources tell IGN the console - dubbed Project Cafe - will be "significantly more powerful" than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and be backwards compatible with current Wii software. The console will also utilize a new, tablet-shaped controller. Sources say it will have a 6-inch touch screen display, dual analog sticks, and has the ability to stream content directly from the console.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told Bloomberg News, "We would like to propose a new approach to home video game consoles" with the Wii successor. He added, "It's difficult to make 3-D images a key feature, because 3-D televisions haven't obtained wide acceptance yet."

EDIT: I didn't see jwk94's thread already posted on this. :sweat:

Last edited: