Honestly, they can make it as powerful as the xbox 360 and ps3, that's not saying much at all, hell it'd be pathetic if they couldn't do that what with how much money they're making from the wii and how many years it's been. I can almost guarantee that it won't be as powerful as the other 2 next-gen consoles though, so I still think that the hardcore gamers will go after the other two instead of this one.

Honestly, they can make it as powerful as the xbox 360 and ps3, that's not saying much at all, hell it'd be pathetic if they couldn't do that what with how much money they're making from the wii and how many years it's been. I can almost guarantee that it won't be as powerful as the other 2 next-gen consoles though, so I still think that the hardcore gamers will go after the other two instead of this one.
Why do you assume this and how can you assume so? I don't think you ever get why the wii was underpowered in the first place.
This won't happen because, as they've proven over the last three generations, Nintendo hates money.
And how does this hold up when the wii sold more than you can count?

Lurker
Why do you assume this and how can you assume so? I don't think you ever get why the wii was underpowered in the first place.

The thing is, Nintendo could easily make their next gen console more powerful than the PS3 in power & specs while still making a profit off of selling their next gen console for like, $300.

It shouldn't even be too difficult for them to do that, anyways.

The thing is, Nintendo could easily make their next gen console more powerful than the PS3 in power & specs while still making a profit off of selling their next gen console for like, $300.

It shouldn't even be too difficult for them to do that, anyways.
Thats what I'm getting at. They waited because nintendo has this idea that consumers like affordable things. GC having better graphics then the Xbox or the PS2 didn't help them at all. They knew they needed to do something else while making sure they didn't sell something that wouldn't sell well. So we got the Wii. Now that technology for this "higher power" is cheaper to make they can easily do what you said.

Lurker
^Well, the Xbox was more powerful than GC while GC was more powerful than the PS2, but other than that, I agree with your points.

Last edited:
Banned
Thats what I'm getting at. They waited because nintendo has this idea that consumers like affordable things. GC having better graphics then the Xbox or the PS2 didn't help them at all. They knew they needed to do something else while making sure they didn't sell something that wouldn't sell well. So we got the Wii. Now that technology for this "higher power" is cheaper to make they can easily do what you said.

You are wrong about the GC and it's graphics. Yeah it COULD beat the PS2, but the xbox had better hardware. Also graphics do not a good game make.

I don't have low self esteem.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

More powerful than ps3? Aiming to capture the hardcore western market? 1080p games? Mario?

I'm down. What say you?

So.. the Wii was released in 2006..

5 Years already? That was quick!!

Current;ly I'm not too excited (well Iw ouldn't be, I've not even seen the console in action yet) but what's more important than the console is the games.

So they're "aiming to capture the hardcore Western market? So does that mean there won't be as much Japan exclusive Anime games? Does this mean most of the games are gonna be boring games like Call of Warfare, Blah blah.... Sure I wouldn't mind a little bit of Mario but if Mario's gonna be the only good thing on this console then... meh. Maybe they'll add a Zelda game etc..

Til then.. *YAWN* I'm tired of buying new consoles.

By the way, just out of curiosity, will Nintendo's Wii online services still be available (Wii shop, Virtual Console, etc..)?

You are wrong about the GC and it's graphics. Yeah it COULD beat the PS2, but the xbox had better hardware. Also graphics do not a good game make.
Yeah I know the Xbox has slightly better specs but of course graphics never make a game. Any game can be fun so long as it's gameplay is fun. However the Wii had a reason to exist and it served it's purpose. I'm not gonna get all mad at nintendo not caring about graphics for a few years.
I just hope you can redownload old VC games you already bought without paying for them again.