Todd Black submitted a new blog post

Nintendo Explains Why Switch Is $300

NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

I don't actually mind, because I'd rather spend money purely on the console than have to buy a game I might not like. The game stores are all going to do their various bundles with it anyway, so that way I can choose which one I want, or just buy the console.

My current pre-order is the console, pro controller, and Zelda, which I can upgrade when the bundle deals come out. I think a lot of people are going for that option.

I think that it is worth the money in one sense although I do have some issues. I understand that it is worth $300 because it is a new console. Also because of not only the functions and features of the switch console but also the brand recognition of Nintendo. Though the console is not a powerhouse to say compared to consoles such as Xbox One or PS4. Another note is that the switch console does not have a lot of games and things to do like what a Xbox One or PS4 has. These are some of my reasons as to why I understand why the Nintendo switch console is worth $300 and also why I have issues with that.

Wow. I was going to purchase the Wii U until I saw this. I didn't know about it until now and I don't really care about the cost since other consoles cost a lot more even if you subtract the price of the bundle and this console looks extraordinary compared to them too.

I suppose that this is a decent effort, out of many, on the part of Nintendo. They are simply trying to pick up some more funds by any means possible. They really need it, considering their adversaries' success: Microsoft and Sony. Nintendo definitely needs to pick up the slack. They seem to be a small island just fending for themselves against their competitors.