Life is showtime
Right forums this time! LOL! Anyways, a review on the Nintendo DS. Mind you, it's not a good one cos this is indeed....not a good console...

Looks: I have to say the look is what turned me on about this console. It's a smooth and sleek silver colour and fits nicely into your pocket. There's also a slot for your stylus in the back that holds it very securely. There are also 4 new colours coming out in Japan. Black, White, Turqoise and Pink.

Sound: Urgh, this is bad. The music and sounds in the game are almost the same as the sounds in a GBA game. And that is very bad. They've only brought the sounds a step up. Look at the PSP, it has proper sounds for crying out loud! Sounds like you are playing PS1 games on a PS2! I don't like the "Ding-Ding" start up sound either.

Start Menu: Meh.....basic options. Start DS game, picto-chat, start GBA game and options. The menu is on the touch screen. Wow! Fun! *hint the sarcasm* This is about the best thing the stylus can be used for....

Feel: Feels small, quite clumsy to hold too. You can click the top screen into 3 different positions. 3 positions and they can't even get it right.... All 3 positions are horrible....Yuck!

Mario 64: Yawn.....a couple of new features added as well as shitty mini games.

Wario Ware Touched: SHORT. TOO SHORT. Takes an hour and a half to complete, zero replayability.

I regret getting this console and am getting rid of it. Wait for the GBA 2, buy a GBA SP or a PSP. Thank you and good night. *realises it's the afternoon*

For The Greater Justice...
Funny you should write this today. I picked up and played the DS for the first time last night at work. I also got to play both games mentioned above. Frankly...I wasn't too impressed either. Moving the characters in Mario 64 using the D-pad felt downright horrible and while it was fun using the stylus to move them, it felt awkward to have to shift back to pressing the buttons. Warioware was cool but I only played for a few minutes and popped some balloons.

Life is showtime
GBA SP fucking PWNS man! :jam: I'm gonna either sell my DS on the net or just take it into a part-ex shop. I'll pick up an SP, couple of GBA games and probably a second hand Dreamcast. :anime: I loved my SP but I sold it in order to get a DS, I'm disgusted with myself. Now I find myself playing only ONE game on my DS, Pokemon Sapphire and that's a GBA game. Nintendo have really let me down with this one, and I have never been let down with a console. I like the Gamegear more and that drains batteries like hell! :disappoin