[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAExBTWIp3M"]Coming soon[/ame]

So Nintendo seem to have thrown a bit of a curveball with this one. A slab-bodied DS with no 3D option, aimed at younger gamers. Personally I actually find this quite interesting. I was a big gamer as a kid but gradually lost interest when I was 18. Hearing about the upcoming pokemon game (released the same day as the 2DS) had got me nostalgic for the old red/blue days, but the 3D system on the existing 3DS and XL just hurts my eyes and I'd been a bit reluctant to pay out for a system whose main gimmick I wouldn't/couldn't use when in all likelyhood I was only going to play a few nostalgic franchises like mario kart and pokemon. This seems to be pretty much what I was looking for :anime:

What do all you gamers think of the idea?

Aronbafon
I don't get why you wouldn't just get a 3DSXL over this. I mean unless it's a brick I can drop from the 3rd floor I see no improvement over the XL.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
it's a major downgrade, just like the psp go was(with no disc drive). so it's probably going to fail hard.

Now, count up your crimes!
Not much of a PSP Go, more like a Game Boy Advance Micro.

Lurker
It's a major downgrade, just like the PSP Go was (with no disc drive). So it's probably going to fail hard.

Huh? Almost nobody even uses the 3D feature of the 3DS.

Anyway, I would've had no problem for the 2DS if not for that ugly design of it & had a clamshell design.

And why in the world does it only use 1 speaker while the 3DS uses 2 speakers? :sly:

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Huh? Almost nobody even uses the 3D feature of the 3DS.:

yeah but there wasn't much of a reason to make a completely new model of the 3ds without the 3d when you could simply slide it off.

In Justice, We Trust!
yeah but there wasn't much of a reason to make a completely new model of the 3ds without the 3d when you could simply slide it off.

Well, the 2DS is aimed more so at kids and parents that might not even be able to afford the 3DS…though the price point doesn't make much sense to me because for 50$ more you could just get a 3DS...