Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
God this takes me back. For almost a year and a half, a part of my life revolved around Hurricanger...well that and Gaoranger, mainly because I ended up being in fandubs for both of them.

It wasn't the best sentai every but it was fun to watch. Even better to watch when my idol, Kenji Oba, freaking Gavan himself, appears and does the Jochaku henshin pose. I mean you had a decent story, what seemed like dozens of Karakuri weapons (which made it all the better when the Gouraiger show up and do their thing) and you had the Ninja of Ninja, Shurikenger. After awhile, he was the main reason I watched the show...well him and Nao-chan ^^

Still, Hurricanger has bragging rights as they appear in THREE teamup movies. If you've seen Dekaranger VS Abaranger, you know what I mean...

I just wished it would have translated over better as Ninja Storm just...well...sucked. Sure, maybe the only redeeming quality was that Blue was hot but even that couldn't save it in my eyes. I couldn't get past the bad actign on certain occasions (Like the episode where one of the Gouraigers/Thunder Rangers became a mentor...for crying out loud, even the KIDS couldn't act!)

Oh and there needs to be a series marathon drinking game where you have to take a shot everytime Yellow says "dude".

All in all though, I have fond memories of Hurricanger (I even have that giant American Senpujin toy with the Karakuri Ball...Christmas Joke via the parents :p ) which I will always remember as the first sentai to have their own para para dance before Abaranger came in unless you count the Maskman movie dance routine *shudders*

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Mega Ranger said:
...Wasn't it....the ONLY ninja themed Sentai since Kakuranger?

Well unless you count Ninja Captor as a sentai which preceeds them both. Then again nobody does so yep.

Prism Flash!
I enjoyed watching Hurricanger.

Best part is when they bring back those Sentai actors as Shurikenger's disguises.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
FreedomRed said:
Hurricanger was one of the best ninja based Sentai since Kaku.

Not surprising, considering that those are the ONLY two ninja-based Sentai. :p

And I'll say this about Ninja Storm...regardless of all the "dude-ness" and all that, you have to admit that its acting quality is a vast improvement over past shows like Lightspeed Rescue and Wild Force. That's why I will forever see Ninja Storm as one of the best. Story-wise, yeah, Hurricanger pwns it, but I see NS as a vast improvement to the PR franchise.

Can anyone find the key word in that last sentence?

Oh, and btw...Shurikenger > Cam by a MILE. 50 miles at that.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Keith "JC" Hayward said:
Finally got it and LOVING it!

Watching it breaks my heart at what Ninja Storm turned out to be. Great stunt team, awesome production values and costumes, charismatic cast.... but terrible story.

Hurricanger, for some reason I'm more understanding of obsurdity when it comes to the Japanese, I don't know why. From them it comes off more innocent and less self conscious than their American counterparts.

I finally see this complaint about Ninja Storm(still love that name) lasers versus Hurricanger shurikens.... but can't agree by a long shot.

In America, throwing knives in a children's show is a no-no, not to mention I think it came off well enough. Much like the bullets versus blasters, it's simply different, but equal in my book.

I've also finally met the imposing figure, Tau Zanto, that I heard complained about being turned into a Zord. Another complaint I can't understand or agree with, seeing as Lothor's Zord wasn't Tau Zanto..... this guy I'm seeing here is Tau Zanto.

I dig the Jakanja too. Versus the Ninja Storm bumbling idiot crew. The Jakanja seem far more imposing and with it. I look forward to seeing more out of these Space Ninjas.

Right off, one thing Hurricanger's got over DekaRanger is it's rogues gallery of bad guys. You need a rogues gallery. It doubles the cast of characters you follow in a series and gives you the opposite and opposing perspective for fun viewing.

I'm loving my hot buttered ninja fun with these guys and I don't fun umbrellas gay. Great fun so far and looking forward to meeting these mysterious Gouraijers the appeared in the first episode momentarily.

Hurricanger will be the second Sentai I've seen all the way through.

Looks like I'm in for quite a ride.

I think I'll be purchasing a Hurricane Gyro from the JH Store pretty soon. :ph34r:

I'm glad that you love Hurricanger. Hurricanger is one of the best series ever. Just wait until episode 21. Best. episode. ever.

Sadly... Ninja Storm has too much ruined and disgrace to Hurricanger. NS is just such retarded. Hurricanger is way better than Ninja Storm.

Last edited:
Eye See You
ForeverRed said:
I was almost cry because on episode 48... Shurikenger died. Booya.

Dude, I hope Keith already knew this before hand. Otherwise you just tossed him a giant STD with herpes Spoiler.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Forever Knight said:
Dude, I hope Keith already knew this before hand. Otherwise you just tossed him a giant STD with herpes Spoiler.

Oops. :shakefist:

I removed the spolier. And please remove the quote.

Last edited:
Forever Knight said:
Atleast now you can see and understand why some of us have the hatred towards a certain former PR writer to the level that we do.

Nah, I'll never want to understand or accept that. I mean, I really dislike Ninja Storm and the job that he did on it. But life goes on and now that I have and know Hurricanger exists... if fiills in that hole in my heart that desired good Sentai Ninja action. I can let Ninja Storm go, except all the good it had in it.

I'd kill to get one of their ninja costumes and need to get the long version of their theme on my MP3 Player.

Lothor's zord was Tao Zanto's Ultimate Form.

Yes, the villians in PRNS were bumbling idiots. Along with the heroes, allies, and the other characters aswell.

Yup, I knew that. But again, for me Power Rangers and Sentai are two different things. When they do something in PR I don't compare it as something they did to the Sentai. So, they can do whatever they want to Tao Zanto in PR.... so long as it's good. And giving Lothor a Super Zord out of nowhere and then having it pretty much go down like a ***** in the same episode... that sucks. Not that they turned Tao Zanto into a Zord.

See, that's where I can't agree. Just because I didn't like the series doesn't mean I'll let go of what good was done in the series. Cam was far from being an idiot. He was the only character I consistantly liked throughout the series, cuz he reacted to the bumbling NS Rangers the way I was. I even liked his stint as Cyber Cam. I'm sorry, but the actor owned that stupid part and made it his, where the NS Rangers and badguys seemed to have parts that owned them. I liked Blake and Hunter too. Two good stong characters with a good background story. I liked the story of how Cam became the Green Samurai Ranger. That was nothing short of awesome and baffling that if Sloan could pull off a two-parter that looked that cool, then why couldn't he do that the rest of the series?

Hurricanger > Dekaranger without a second thought in my mind.

I hope I agree, cuz I really loved DekaRanger. I can see this happening cuz Hurri's got things going for it, like not having the roaring, screaming Ban and having an impressive gallery of bad guys to hate and fight against.

Trust me, if you are already heartbroken at what PRNS did continue watching by the end of the series I'm sure you'll completely understand why ForeverRed and myself say the things we do.

Like I said, I dislike PRNS for failing on its own merits. Not because it "ruined" Hurricanger. Cuz as far as I'm seeing Hurri seems to still rule and own the zone. I don't care what it did in comparison to Hurricanger. I care what it did to itself and the resources it had.

I'll not deny the good in the series tho. And then I live it at that. Hold on to what I liked and just let the rest go. I don't like holding on to things I don't like.

Gouraijer OWN everything.

The brief glimpse I got of them made me smirk already. I'm definately looking forward to their arrival. :thumbs:

Sekiria said:
Not surprising, considering that those are the ONLY two ninja-based Sentai. :p

And I'll say this about Ninja Storm...regardless of all the "dude-ness" and all that, you have to admit that its acting quality is a vast improvement over past shows like Lightspeed Rescue and Wild Force. That's why I will forever see Ninja Storm as one of the best. Story-wise, yeah, Hurricanger pwns it, but I see NS as a vast improvement to the PR franchise.

Word up there, my brutha. While I definately will not put it amoung the best, there was a quality to it that was an improvement over past seasons. I just wish they'd used all those resources better, like SPD is doing now.

Can anyone find the key word in that last sentence?

Was it "story-wise"?

Oh, and btw...Shurikenger > Cam by a MILE. 50 miles at that.

We... shall... see....... , but again, I hardly compare Rangers like that. I compare them on how they did in their own series and how they worked in that frame work.