Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

Lurker
I might be in the minority here but I like Ninninger more than Drive. Drive got good (at least for me) at episode 22, before that I felt like Shinnosuke when he wasn't in Top Gear in the early episodes whenever watching Drive. Sadly, Drive is kinda declining in quality how that we're entering the last stretch, hopefully it's not Lost Ankh Arc bad.

Meanwhile for Ninninger, I can see a lot of the complaints people have with the show and there has been horrible episodes but it feels like they're building up to some stuff and I find some sense of enjoyment out of them. Also, I really liked the reasonings for Takaharu being able to tame Lion Ha-Oh and getting the power-up (let's be honest here, it's a Battlizer). Takaharu is basically the tanky lightning rod used to give Kasumi and Yakumo more time to analyze and strategize, allow Fuuka and Nagi to stay light on their feet, and make sure Kinji has more of a clear shot to do his thing. They're basically giving him the spotlight, so they can do things in the shadows... like NINJAS!

Unlike just giving him the power-up because he's Samba Dino Jesus... I mean the chosen one.

Last edited:
Another reason the Last Ninja thing is stupid You are training a team to save the world Why give the team members Something to compete for. Focus on team work :sly:

Lurker
A major reason I hate Takaharu more than Daigo: his actor is the worst we've had in super sentai in YEARS.

Yeah, like the magic, the last ninja is something that's really stupid.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah I can't argue with that. Did you watch Garo?

Which one?

THe first season was amazing from start to finish. The only bad episode in that was the clip show one. Easily one of the greatest Toku shows ever. Amazing choreography, music, camera angles, and the episodes were a perfect blend of horror with well placed comedic moments.

The second season was pretty good but did have some rough episodes in the middle.

The third season was a total waste of time and I should never have bothered watching it after episode 5. They couldn't even give the show a good soundtrack.

Zero's OVA series was complete crap and had no reason being more than 2 episodes.

The fourth season started out strong, had a great cast of characters, brought back the Horrors, but went nowhere. The show had no plot and the ending had no payoff. If it weren't for the horror movie and musical episodes, it would have been another waste.

I gave up on the Berserk wannabe anime after 2 episodes.

I'm now done with Garo though. Season 4 killed my interest in the show and it should have stayed as one single stand alone series with no sequels outside of the Beast of White Knight 2 parter.

Which one?

THe first season was amazing from start to finish. The only bad episode in that was the clip show one. Easily one of the greatest Toku shows ever. Amazing choreography, music, camera angles, and the episodes were a perfect blend of horror with well placed comedic moments.

The second season was pretty good but did have some rough episodes in the middle.

The third season was a total waste of time and I should never have bothered watching it after episode 5. They couldn't even give the show a good soundtrack.

Zero's OVA series was complete crap and had no reason being more than 2 episodes.

The fourth season started out strong, had a great cast of characters, brought back the Horrors, but went nowhere. The show had no plot and the ending had no payoff. If it weren't for the horror movie and musical episodes, it would have been another waste.

I'm now done with Garo though. Season 4 killed my interest in the show and it should have stayed as one single stand alone series with no sequels outside of the Beast of White Knight 2 parter.

Well I'll keep out hope for an upswing.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
>dropping things ever

I have seen plenty of series that start off weak and become amazing by the end.

I haven't seen Berserk so I don't know how apt the comparison is, but I'm not sure a show being similar to something that was made nearly 20 years earlier is that big a deal. Then again, my 'bread and butter' viewing is Rider and Sentai shows that repeat the same concepts over and over every year. :anime: I think the Garo anime was pretty good. It's been a very long time since I've seen the original season of Garo so I won't compare the two, but the anime is easily the best of the sequels.
A major reason I hate Takaharu more than Daigo: his actor is the worst we've had in super sentai in YEARS.
Perhaps more mis-cast than outright bad. He's actually pretty decent during the few moments of seriousness they give the character. He's just not comfortable at all doing the goofy stuff. There's probably an alternate reality where he was cast as blue and that character was getting fewer complaints. :sweat:

Perhaps more mis-cast than outright bad. He's actually pretty decent during the few moments of seriousness they give the character. He's just not comfortable at all doing the goofy stuff. There's probably an alternate reality where he was cast as blue and that character was getting fewer complaints. :sweat:

That idea can be used for V-Cinema Returns movie (Ninninger Returns). lol :laugh:
I really liked Dai-kun from Kyoryuger Returns, far better than King/Daigo/God, so it would be nice to see that scenario as well.

D

Dr Kain

I haven't seen Berserk so I don't know how apt the comparison is, but I'm not sure a show being similar to something that was made nearly 20 years earlier is that big a deal. Then again, my 'bread and butter' viewing is Rider and Sentai shows that repeat the same concepts over and over every year. :anime: I think the Garo anime was pretty good. It's been a very long time since I've seen the original season of Garo so I won't compare the two, but the anime is easily the best of the sequels.

Honestly, I don't really care that it ripped off Berserk. It gave me nothing in the first two episodes that made me want to continue. I'm not even going to bother with the next season either.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Garo anime isn't remotely similar to Berserk. It has its own feel and atmosphere. As well as a lot of great characters and their development.
The thing that always annoyed me in Garo franchise was the lack of character development and any real plot. Thankfully both anime and season 3 had a lot of both. That's why I prefer them over any other Garo media.