Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

I watched the first two episodes and then stopped:buttrock:

The reason may be silly . successor to the title of Last Ninja :eyebrow:Seriously why there is a need for some one to hold that title :sweat: There are four others and became five with the golden one I do not care how good we are being called the Last Ninja and there are other Ninja just stupid :sly:

Lurker
Man, I never liked the whole "Last Ninja" garbage….. I was fine with the whole schooling Ninjas, but using a cheap title with a jerky Grandpa devalues everything for me. By the way, WHAT THE HELL IS THE LAST NINJA SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!?!?! Let me guess, it's just a cheap metaphor?

By the way, WHAT THE HELL IS THE LAST NINJA SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!?!?! Let me guess, it's just a cheap metaphor?
Honestly, it's some English words meant to sound cool to little Japanese kids that don't understand any English. :sweat:

I'd guess Lazy is pretty spot on as to what they really mean though. The show has not only shown Ninja Red and Hurricane Red but also had that 'ninja olympics' episode that made it clear there were lots of other ninja schools. So clearly it isn't last ninja in a "the only remaining one" sense. The grandpa was meant to be the only one able to defeat Kibaoni last time, so I think of it more in an ultimate/pinnacle kind of meaning. Though most of the time it just seems like something to motivate Takaharu. The dude doesn't care about training at all until someone mentions beating him to the title and then he's all motivated again. The rest are quite happy to improve their skills in order to defeat Kibaoni.

Some kind of Beast mode
Not sure why, but Sentai really does feel like it gets worse every year. Someway, somehow TOQ is looking kinda nice right now in comparison.

I'm usually excited for series name drops, suits, tech, "plots" cast rumors, set photos and all the pre-premiere hype; but even that excitement may drop significantly. I haven't had the will to watch an episode weekly, or even live stream since Shinkenger..and even that has some problems.

It seems I just have to cherish the oldies that much more.

Why does everyone doomsay this stuff so quickly? I'll admit that I got sick of Drive and gave up, but I waited for like 20 episodes before I did that, and when I came back, I was really happy with the turn. Isn't that just what Toei does?

Why does everyone doomsay this stuff so quickly? I'll admit that I got sick of Drive and gave up, but I waited for like 20 episodes before I did that, and when I came back, I was really happy with the turn. Isn't that just what Toei does?

But that's what pilots and trailers are for. You have to give your audience an incentive to watch your product. If it's not good, then people's incentives become 0 and they will stop watching it. I mean, why would you make your series purposely bad in the beginning and then just make it good in the middle? that isn't a good business practice because you're assuming that everyone has the same patience for this. Not everyone is patient enough to wait for the good parts of the series if the beginning is bad. That's why I dropped ninninger personally, and is the reason why I dropped boukenger in the first episode (yet I'll go back and watch it again sometime in the future).

D

Dr Kain

Because I shouldn't have to watch a series for 10 hours before it gets good. I could be watching a series that is 10 hours long that I enjoy instead.

But that's what pilots and trailers are for. You have to give your audience an incentive to watch your product. If it's not good, then people's incentives become 0 and they will stop watching it. I mean, why would you make your series purposely bad in the beginning and then just make it good in the middle? that isn't a good business practice because you're assuming that everyone has the same patience for this. Not everyone is patient enough to wait for the good parts of the series if the beginning is bad. That's why I dropped ninninger personally, and is the reason why I dropped boukenger in the first episode (yet I'll go back and watch it again sometime in the future).

Yeah, I guess I don't actually understand my own opinion that clearly, because I fully agree with you. Well, I don't think they're making it bad on purpose, but maybe they want to establish a world and characters and they just don't know how to do it.

I guess I just take the approach of only binge watching these things, because I know they're going to be a lot less fun until 20-25. If we all did that, maybe we'd all be happier?