Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

Yes I do. The black smith went ahead and reforged their weapons without them having to learn anything. End of story.

I'm sorry but that is the most bullshit response anyone can ever have. Just because it is a children's show does not mean it should be lazy and half assed.

I hate when people use the "it's just the kids show. Leave it alone" excuse because it doesn't work. You know what else is a kids show? Jetman, and it, to me, is the best sentai i've seen as it does everything that I'm looking for in a sentai. And to support you from kuroihikari's reply to your comment, waiting for your weapon to get done and being given to you isn't character development at all because they technically didn't do anything to earn them back; they just waited. Also (just a quick question from me), will this be a "power-up only for red" thing like they did with kyoryuger?

I hate when people use the "it's just the kids show. Leave it alone" excuse because it doesn't work. You know what else is a kids show? Jetman, and it, to me, is the best sentai i've seen as it does everything that I'm looking for in a sentai. And to support you from kuroihikari's reply to your comment, waiting for your weapon to get done and being given to you isn't character development at all because they technically didn't do anything to earn them back; they just waited. Also (just a quick question from me), will this be a "power-up only for red" thing like they did with kyoryuger?

Well, technically in recent episode (22), Fuuka (White) did get power-up, in her civilian form (Chozetsu-Fuuka), even though it was done for "joke" (very funny indeed, Shimoyama :rolleyes2:).
IIRC, this was the first time in sentai history, where power-up mode was used on non-henshin/civilian form.
Even though it was for "joke", it was kind of cute; I still think power-up mode is ugly.
http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/ninnin/story/1205976_2393.html

BTW, this episode was focused on Yakumo and Kinji, yet they didn't get to use the power-up mode, because apparently they are not as "skilled" as Takaharu (LAME!).

Shining~
Also (just a quick question from me), will this be a "power-up only for red" thing like they did with kyoryuger?

Magazine scan revealed there will be Starninger Transcendence, and toy catalogue shows Aoninger and Kininger Transcendence.

Yes I do. The black smith went ahead and reforged their weapons without them having to learn anything. End of story.

There's more, actually. In the next episode after that, while the others are fighting, the smith boy held Taka back, and made Taka learned that his presence made everyone else better.

......Which is then immediately followed by Taka getting an upgrade that allows him to do everything by himself, so in the end, yeah, nothing is learned.

It's basically "see, you make your team better. Now here's an upgrade that makes you don't need them!!"

Not to mention "your team is a bunch of idiot without you" isn't exactly the best lesson to learn in the world when said team is a Sentai team :sweat:

The Lion Ha-Oh two-part episodes was fun to see, but the moral lesson in both episodes practically doesn't exist.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
This is a children show. Over analyzing it is not children's thing. Leave it be, you horde of balding men!

That is a great line, I'm borrowing it :D (It would be my sig quote ... but I need to keep the current one because the new Rider's name is Takeru)

I hate when people use the "it's just the kids show. Leave it alone" excuse because it doesn't work. You know what else is a kids show? Jetman, and it, to me, is the best sentai i've seen as it does everything that I'm looking for in a sentai.

You're not a child though, are you?

You're quite right that something being aimed at children does not mean it has to be lazy and sloppy. On the other hand, it also doesn't mean that a children's show must appeal to older viewers if it's to be "good."

You're quite right that something being aimed at children does not mean it has to be lazy and sloppy. On the other hand, it also doesn't mean that a children's show must appeal to older viewers if it's to be "good."

yes, i understand that. ninninger and sentai in general are for kids, we cant deny, but its also for families as well. even though its mostly a kids show, i believe that a good kids show like sentai is something that should cater to all ages: have the suits, the action, and the mecha entertain the young crowd, while keeping the teen and adult crowd entertained with good characters, good story, and good writing, and sentais like kyoryuger and, surprisingly, magiranger, didnt do that well.

^ Not that I disagree with you, but Sentai technically stopped being a "family show" years ago. It's now targeting the youngest of the young, for better or for worse.

Google V was a memorable blast from my childhood era, despite a horde of balding men now declared it "garbage"
See, children's innocent, wild minds are different from aged, sophisticated, elitist minds.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Google V was a memorable blast from my childhood era, despite a horde of balding men now declared it "garbage"
See, children's innocent, wild minds are different from aged, sophisticated, elitist minds.
You don't like when others insult things you like, but you have no problem insulting other people and their tastes?
Goggle V is "garbage". If you like it, more power to you. But out of almost all Sentai I've watched, I don't think any season hit any lower point. Even Dynaman is a little better. Also, Goggle V came after 5 simply amazing series, including Sun Vulcan, which is one of the best Sentai ever. And right after his we got... this. I get that it was popular among children, but it doesn't excuse all of its problems, like bland and forgettable characters (Pink alone was good. Too good for a show like this). Children would have loved Care Bears, had Toei decided to run it instead of Goggle V. It's not that different, honestly.
I loved "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation" as a kid, but it doesn't mean that show itself was good. It just knew how to target right audience.
I also loved Power Rangers Time Force as a kid. And I still love it. Because writing is strong and characters are very enjoyable, even though I consider Timeranger to be my all-time favourite Sentai, I still think Time Force suppressed original in some ways.
It doesn't matter if something is made for children or not. You can enjoy a good thing at any age.
As for "it's kids stuff, so don't think about". You should check out Timeranger and Power Rangers RPM.

D

Dr Kain

Again, that is the lazy way out for defending a show. Are you telling me that you have no expectations from any Sentai show because it is aimed for kids? Or no expectations for anything that is aimed at kids? Because if so, that is a very closed minded way of thinking. That means you are pretty much saying kids are stupid and should be treated as such.