Ninninger or "does Toei really want to make sentai worse and worse year after year"?

^ It's not even the magic that's the problem. It's that they treat it so casually, like magic is something every day, real-life thing that people know of and use. This isn't the Harry Potter universe or Middle Earth; you have to make something of it or just not include it.

Lurker
The Magic thing clashes with the ninja theme IMO. So far, they didn't even talk much about it; it's just a thing that happens. Even Ninninger fans put up no defense for it. All they can even say about it is that it's part of the comedy.

Well the last episode I watched, 19, had a monster that was so powerful he destroyed a few of their weapons. They go out looking for a special black smith to fix them and this nutty guy they come across says they need to learn how to not rely on their ninja abilities to win a battle before he will take them to the black smith. The black smith sneaks their weapons away off screen and hands them to the rangers 5 minutes later when the rest of the team is getting their asses whooped. They learned absolutely nothing but got what they needed without any effort.

Did they seriously do that? Did they get to the point where their weapons being destroyed is just a slight inconvenience to them? I remember in the older sentai/power rangers, when the team's weapons got destroyed, they were devastated, and had to think of new ideas to defeat the monster. It reminds me of maskman, when, *spoiler if you haven't watched it*, Kiros destroys the maskman's shot bomber and had to rely on their weapons and do something original to defeat the monster. Hell, even to create the new weapon, the jet cannon, they had to nearly risk their lives for that. That shows dedication. But from what I'm hearing from ya, the ninningers only lose their weapons for a few moments, then get them back for the sake of plot convenience. When you put it that way, there was no point to them losing their weapons. That's why I stopped watching ninninger at episode 10. Because the show (from what I'm hearing from some) is suffering from the same problems as kyoryuger, and the characters aren't even characters...they're plot devices at best. At least ToQger had some reasonable characters, even though mio and kagura weren't that great to begin with.

D

Dr Kain

You are missing out on an amazingly entertaining and good movie. No comparissons to the tv shows. Don't know how TOEI does it either with sucky tv Sentai making a decent movie or a decent crossver.

I'm good. I can't stand the ToQ cast at all and I don't need to see Daigo ever again if it can be helped. Plus, with all of the recent crossovers and movies, I have no desire to watch any more of them since they haven't been good since the OOO/Fourze movie.

Did they seriously do that? Did they get to the point where their weapons being destroyed is just a slight inconvenience to them? I remember in the older sentai/power rangers, when the team's weapons got destroyed, they were devastated, and had to think of new ideas to defeat the monster. It reminds me of maskman, when, *spoiler if you haven't watched it*, Kiros destroys the maskman's shot bomber and had to rely on their weapons and do something original to defeat the monster. Hell, even to create the new weapon, the jet cannon, they had to nearly risk their lives for that. That shows dedication. But from what I'm hearing from ya, the ninningers only lose their weapons for a few moments, then get them back for the sake of plot convenience. When you put it that way, there was no point to them losing their weapons. That's why I stopped watching ninninger at episode 10. Because the show (from what I'm hearing from some) is suffering from the same problems as kyoryuger, and the characters aren't even characters...they're plot devices at best. At least ToQger had some reasonable characters, even though mio and kagura weren't that great to begin with.

Hell, to bring back the Kaku comparison, in that show the rangers had to go on separate journeys (mostly) to get the scrolls that would allow them to get their new mecha.

In Dai, they had to train harder to learn new techniques to defeat their enemies. Not to mention what they had to go through just to get their Kiden Beasts and the ability to form Dairen-O in the first place.

In Zyu, Geki and Burai had to face King Brachion and work together to get the Thunder Slingers. And like in Dai, the rangers had to earn the ability to form Daizyujin.

In Oh, the rangers had to leave Earth and come back with a plan of action.

Hell, even in Dekaranger, the rangers had to leave Earth to train on another planet to earn their SWAT modes.

Lurker
I'm good. I can't stand the ToQ cast at all and I don't need to see Daigo ever again if it can be helped. Plus, with all of the recent crossovers and movies, I have no desire to watch any more of them since they haven't been good since the OOO/Fourze movie.

That's the bizarre thing, they take the worst sentai and Daigoger and make something that's almost equal to that movie in terms of crossovers. It's like the fluke that turned amazing.

The Magic thing clashes with the ninja theme IMO. So far, they didn't even talk much about it; it's just a thing that happens. Even Ninninger fans put up no defense for it. All they can even say about it is that it's part of the comedy.

It's Magic. Of course, it's just a thing that happens. That's what Magic is. Just like in our world were in some people's mind religion does magical things just 'cause. Without any explanation.

What's going on here is that some of the audiences are assuming it's the same world. Their world has a crazy fantasy Britain where Englishmen have a magic school and are proud of their gardening. Yes, it's weird. It's supposed to be.

And "treating it so casually" isn't a problem. Why would it be a problem? Yes, it's not the Middle Earth or Harry Potter, and that's the point. We have ninjutsu in sci-fi shows or chi-attacks in magic shows or paranormal stuff in martial arts shows. For example, Gintama is filled with things that shouldn't be there.

Hell, to bring back the Kaku comparison, in that show the rangers had to go on separate journeys (mostly) to get the scrolls that would allow them to get their new mecha.

In Dai, they had to train harder to learn new techniques to defeat their enemies. Not to mention what they had to go through just to get their Kiden Beasts and the ability to form Dairen-O in the first place.

In Zyu, Geki and Burai had to face King Brachion and work together to get the Thunder Slingers. And like in Dai, the rangers had to earn the ability to form Daizyujin.

In Oh, the rangers had to leave Earth and come back with a plan of action.

Hell, even in Dekaranger, the rangers had to leave Earth to train on another planet to earn their SWAT modes.

Wow. That goes to show how lazy these writer are. I mean you would think that the heroes losing their weapons or it being destroyed would make the heroes think more about teamwork and strategy and have some sort of development, but it doesnt sound like the ninningers are getting any and the kyoryugers surely didnt get any. It begs the question: why bother having them lose their weapons? Its not like its gonna be important or life threatening. Like I said before, its like a minor inconvenience to them and if it gets to that point, why bother making their weapons destroyed? Like what koroihikar told me in his comments, its like they're doing this to slow down the plot tremendously. Thats a kyoryuger problem as well but opposite. With kyoryuger with how it started super slow thebn rushed things to the extreme afterwards, this show seems to start fast, then puts the plot at a crawl. Btw...with the toq vs. Kyo, my reasons are the same as yours except opposite. You didnt watch it because of the toqger cast as you didnt like them, but I didnt watch it because of the kyoryuger cast as I didnt like them

Actually the losing the weapons arc did provide character development. It was not the show's best episode, but the development was there.

Dr. Kain does not know WTH he's talking about.

This is a children show. Over analyzing it is not children's thing. Leave it be, you horde of balding men!

D

Dr Kain

Actually the losing the weapons arc did provide character development. It was not the show's best episode, but the development was there.

Dr. Kain does not know WTH he's talking about.

Yes I do. The black smith went ahead and reforged their weapons without them having to learn anything. End of story.

This is a children show. Over analyzing it is not children's thing. Leave it be, you horde of balding men!

I'm sorry but that is the most bullshit response anyone can ever have. Just because it is a children's show does not mean it should be lazy and half assed.