Nick's ratings drop! I BLAME THE THINGS I DON'T LIKE!

I find this very surprising, considering they've got "The 90's was All That".

Oh wait, it's the 2 to 11 Demographic..

I don't know what to blame, but it sure could have a bad effect on future Power Rangers seasons. Saban might have to move to a different channel or something.. I dunno.
That's on the N. There talking about Nickelodeon, the channel.

Lurker
Remember back in the day when Nick had gameshows...and we saluted someone's shorts...then got slimed.

Legends of the Hidden Temple was my favorite Nick game show.

And Pete & Pete was my favorite Nick show of all time! :castlerock:

I stopped watching Nickelodeon after they cancelled The Mighty B!, so I'm laughing my ass off at this news! Revenge is sweet.

Disney has the better new cartoons today, in spite of their sucky teen sitcoms (which also contribute to Disney's higher ratings). Spongebob Squarepants can't save Nick forever. But on the other hand, there's no doubt that Nick will try to one-up Disney by conjuring up more crappy teen sitcoms.

The ends justify the means.

And throughout the 2000s, Nick gave other good original shows like Invader ZIM, My Life as a Teenage Robot, The X's, El Tigre, and of course, The Mighty B!, awesome shows they couldn't hold on to for more than 2 or 3 seasons! I was getting absolutely annoyed with that.

I loved The Mighty B! so much that if it got canceled like the others, that would be the last straw, and I would stop watching Nickelodeon. What do you think happened?

Nick clings to Spongebob like a security blanket. And now, even that can't save them from Disney and the advent of Phineas and Ferb (a show I actually LIKE)! >:D

Dude you sound way to butthurt over one show. Really. I liked that show too doesn't mean I want an entire network to shut down just because it's gone.

And Phineas and Ferb is alright but all the other cartoons on Disney are just bad.

Dude you sound way to butthurt over one show. Really. I liked that show too doesn't mean I want an entire network to shut down just because it's gone.

Dammit, it's not just one show!!! Let me reiterate what I said: Throughout the 2000s, Nickelodeon kept making awesome shows that I really got into, like the ones I cited, and they cancel them after a season or two. And you'd think they'd keep them for at least five seasons! It's a tragic and needless waste, if you ask me.

I really thought The Mighty B! had the potential to outlast the other canceled shows, due to its critical acclaim, but when it got quietly canceled (due to the same inside politics bullshit that befell Sym-Bionic Titan over at Cartoon Network), that was the last straw. Couldn't bear to watch yet another good show get canceled for the umpteenth time, just so Nick can keep Spongebob. (Fanboy and Chum-Chum is good, but I have a bad feeling about its future.) And as I hinted, CN is headed down that path as well. Only Batman and Ben 10 are the Spongebobs of CN.

I'm just laughing my ass off, because Nickelodeon, up until recently, used to be the top dog with Spongebob being their best program, and the best cartoon on kids' TV, period. Now, it doesn't seem that way anymore. It's simply Nick's hubris from their blatant favoritism. (Remember when Avatar unseated Spongebob for a while? Nick seemed to be glad the series ended, so that Spongebob can be at top again! Avatar was thrown aside to that nostalgic graveyard, Nicktoons Network, where it is the most run show, even more than Spongebob! And keep in mind, I'm not a big Avatar fan, but I admire its actual story structure, very rare for a cartoon.)

And Phineas and Ferb is alright but all the other cartoons on Disney are just bad.

Actually, I like Kick Buttowski a lot. Fish Hooks is okay.

Only Batman and Ben 10 are the Spongebobs of CN.
Generator Rex, Adventure Time, Regular Show. Brave and the Bold did not do so good especially compared to those shows.

I'm just laughing my ass off, because Nickelodeon, up until recently, used to be the top dog with Spongebob being their best program, and the best cartoon on kids' TV, period. Now, it doesn't seem that way anymore. It's simply Nick's hubris from their blatant favoritism. (Remember when Avatar unseated Spongebob for a while? Nick seemed to be glad the series ended, so that Spongebob can be at top again! Avatar was thrown aside to that nostalgic graveyard, Nicktoons Network, where it is the most run show, even more than Spongebob! And keep in mind, I'm not a big Avatar fan, but I admire its actual story structure, very rare for a cartoon.)
Fairy Oddparents is the most run show on that channel. They marathon Avatar sometimes but it's only on an hour a day normally and they weren't glad it ended. That's like saying "Oh thank goodness all this money stopped coming in! I didn't know what to do with it!" The creators stopped for there own reasons and there was no reason for Nick to promote it anymore. Spongebob still makes episodes so they air it more. Plus lets be honest I love Avatar but since it doesn't have that many episodes it gets repetitive. I remember when they marathoned it all summer I was getting so sick of it I was wanted to kill all the air benders just to let off steam.

And lets be real we all know Spongebob can never have all the love Nick gives iCarly and Victorious. They air these way more than Spongebob.

is now a pony, it seems.
Meh. Nickelodeon died when Ren & Stimpy was canceled.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh: No. That show was garbage. Even as a child, I never found it funny.

正義の味方
The good ol' 90's man. Whatever happened to that? The Nickelodeon right now is barely recognizable from the one I used to watch.

They really need to make a new, breakout cartoon that's actually good, rather than rely on shows like iCarly and overextend stuff like Spongebob way past it's time.

Generator Rex, Adventure Time, Regular Show. Brave and the Bold did not do so good especially compared to those shows.

True (and those are a good selection of shows), but in the case of CN, when Brave and the Bold is finished, I assure you, ANOTHER Batman cartoon will take its place, which you very well know. It's lo longer a matter of just milking out one show (as is the case with Batman: TAS) for ten or so seasons, it's ending one show and replacing it with another. Repeatedly.

Too many Batman shows, only now, disposable. Never mind that new Green Lantern cartoon that's coming out, let's put on ANOTHER FUCKING BATMAN SHOW!!! But after a couple of seasons, it'll be over. So what does CN do right after that? Make yet ANOTHER FUCKING BATMAN SHOW!!! It's like nothing else DC-wise matters, not even Young Justice, let alone their last really popular non-Batman show, Teen Titans. Batman, Batman, Batman, more Batman, even MORE Batman, and undoubtedly more Batman to come. This guy's popularity never burns out! Just like Spongebob!

Same deal with Ben 10. CN doesn't want to let it go. Ever. So they milk it out with yet ANOTHER ridiculous series.

And don't get me started on Scooby-Doo (the only Hanna-Barbera item the CN brass cares about so much)...

Fairy Oddparents is the most run show on that channel. They marathon Avatar sometimes but it's only on an hour a day normally and they weren't glad it ended. That's like saying "Oh thank goodness all this money stopped coming in! I didn't know what to do with it!" The creators stopped for there own reasons and there was no reason for Nick to promote it anymore. Spongebob still makes episodes so they air it more. Plus lets be honest I love Avatar but since it doesn't have that many episodes it gets repetitive. I remember when they marathoned it all summer I was getting so sick of it I was wanted to kill all the air benders just to let off steam.

And lets be real we all know Spongebob can never have all the love Nick gives iCarly and Victorious. They air these way more than Spongebob.

LOL! That's a really good way of putting things.

And yes, let's not forget iCarly! Which will probably be over when Amanda Cosgrove grows up. (And the scary thing is, Amanda has done a LOT better than most other teen idol girl actresses from other major companies! They know who they are.)

BTW, because I couldn't get DirecTV in my new apartment, I don't have cable TV anymore, sadly. (But I have to wonder; is it really sad?) I'm able to watch any of the Nickelodeon shows on Netflix via my PS3. Unluckily, I can't watch My Little Pony or anything from Cartoon Network. Yeah, that's the downside of it all.

Lurker
The last Nickelodeon show I watched was The Fairy Oddparents, can someone tell me if that still going? On reruns? Or completely off the air?