Next Tomb Raider Just Now Going Into Production

Staff member
There will be no E3 this year, but in case you were hoping for the next Tomb Raider to be revealed anyway….uhh, you’ve actually got a much longer wait. Crystal Dynamics admitted today they are only just NOW getting started on that game. Blame Marvel’s Avengers for taking all their time up to now.
General manager Dallas Dickinson appeared onscreen in a Twitter video to make the announcement:

Crystal Dynamics is incredibly excited about the future of Unreal and how it will help us take our storytelling to the next level. That's why we're proud to announce that our next #tombraider game is being built on Unreal Engine 5! pic.twitter.com/UFMiWzJAZc
— Tomb Raider (@tombraider) April 5, 2022

At such an early date, we know next to nothing about the next Tomb...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we still going to have Camilla Luddington as Lara? I was so accustomed to her. I see Lara grow through her voice. I hope Lara won't get recast!

Killer BBB's of Zone
Am I the only one who misses when Lara was still sexy? Can we at least have shorts-wearing Lara with Double Pistols as DLC?

Elevation!!! WOO!
My Username speaks for itself. I logged in after years of silence because I want to express how happy I am that there will be another adventure for Lara Croft. I hope this is not a reboot because I want Survivor-era Lara to continue. I played the classic era games, but Survivor Lara is my favorite character incarnation. She feels like a human with flaws and fears.

♡♡♡♡♡♡
I genuinely hope the games return to being fun. I just want to see Lara having a good time again! Lara, in 2013 is far too serious and enraged.

Also, the classic dual weapons and braid must return... gosh, I'm just hoping we get something.

Even though I'm not familiar with the Tomb Raider franchise, I observed a specific approach to Lara's character, especially regarding the film side of things. I believe the emphasis on cinematic was done on purpose.

You never played the games. No Offense, but your comment gets on my nerves.
You call yourself a fan, but you only like the Survivor Lara and not the Classic Lara. The Nerve!

---
We will be getting a new version of Lara in this upcoming Game.

She is gonna be the Unified Lara. She will have elements of all versions.

f98a4d31dfbf134208ffbb85c6cdc64f.jpg

Unified Lara? Square Enix hates classic Lara so much that they instead make another variation. So what if Classic Lara is a sex symbol? She is a woman with confidence! All this desexualizing to impress Anita Sarkeesian.