This game is basically a love letter to Final Fantasy fans. If you've got affection for the series as a whole you'll love it. If you've only played a couple of FF games a lot of the references and characters will go over your head. I personally loved it and to me it's the best FF game since X. It also has a great soundtrack, with a bunch of fantastic remixes of older themes, the To Zanarkand/Blitzball being a personal favourite.

Late reply ( I've somehow missed this post ), but the answer is simply to not preorder unless you're certain that the game is going to be good, and also that the preorder gifts are worth it.
However, even if you do make a mistake/end up disliking the game you can simply ask for a refund, as long as you meet certain requirements.
This is what it says on Steam support page regarding pre-order refunds :
" You may refund your pre-order any time prior to the release of the game. "
and
" Preordered games that have been released are still eligible for a refund, as long as the refund request is submitted within two weeks of the game’s release, and the game has been played for less than two hours. "

Thanks for taking your time to respond. I have also learned this today though buying games is not in my list of things to do. But if ever I start buying games, I will consider your advice and tips. :D

Thanks for taking your time to respond. I have also learned this today though buying games is not in my list of things to do. But if ever I start buying games, I will consider your advice and tips. :D

You prefer getting games for free ? jk.
Anyway, you're welcome. It's good to know so you don't get scammed. I think Steam relaxed their policy on refunds only a couple of years ago, before that it was quite hard getting one no matter what. Not sure how it is on PSN or the like, but I imagine they followed suit.

You prefer getting games for free ? jk.
Anyway, you're welcome. It's good to know so you don't get scammed. I think Steam relaxed their policy on refunds only a couple of years ago, before that it was quite hard getting one no matter what. Not sure how it is on PSN or the like, but I imagine they followed suit.

It is not that I prefer getting games for free. Girls would rather shop for clothes and shoes but not for games. Anyway, I have a brother and I will introduce him to this forum though he doesn't like writing. I know he will purchase games on steam. :)

It gives me the feeling of going back in the days with the graphics, although much better and smoother, still looks like the classic FF games i played in my playstation and psp. It's kind of giving me some chills and a nostalgic feeling.

This is super exciting and I'm actually looking forward to giving it a go. I'm really feeling the vibe, and it offers a good insight to what squares potential with classic reboots could be.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
This is a great news for all those who like to play this game, World of Final Fantasy it will be a new competition and the fact that this will happen on PC will be better, most of my friends own a PC and this version is more easy to use for them.
I barely wait to buy it from Steam, I just hope will not be too expensive!

Haha, I definitely believe that are going to make it more affordable in order to get more people going for it. Personally, I'm going to get one when I'm done with the programs I have at hand now, and have fun with the game.

This is perfect! The game has a quality content and impressive graphics. Many players will surely play this game in pc especially that it is already added in steam. Competitive players like me will surely spend more time upgrading my character! I hope there will no be toxic players playing this game so that I will have a good experience in it.
Interesting, personally I enjoy my games when I play in pc, glad to know that many players would like play on computers. Well I am yet to know much about it for now. Good to read about the perfect nature of the graphics, games with superb graphics are a big plus to games development.

Can't wait to install it to my pc this could be one of my favorite game so far.It will be nice to play this to my steam account a lot of new features and a lot to explore to.This could be attract people and fan of video games i'm sure final fantasy population could be rising, a lot of players joining this.

This was one of the better pieces of news that I have experienced for a while, and it kind of makes me want to see some other great merger, but I am not really sure where to look.