Administrator
Staff member
NEW PVP MODE ‘RIVAL WINGS’ COMES TO FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE WITH PATCH 4.15
Performance Actions for Bard Brings New Roleplaying Experience
LOS ANGELES (November 21, 2017)FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online continues to provide new content to players with today’s release of Patch 4.15. This update introduces a new PvP mode, in which two teams compete in 24-v-24 player combat with a brand-new ruleset. The Patch also introduces bard-specific “Performance Actions,” in addition to new mounts and items.

In Rival Wings, teams compete to destroy the core within their opponent’s base, which is heavily protected by a magitek field. In order to deactivate this field and access the core, players must first destroy two enemy towers while defending their own towers from mammet soldier NPCs. Teams may also take control of goblin machina after fulfilling certain conditions, which can effectively eliminate enemy structures and players.

rival_wings_emblem_falcon_1700-jpg.45

rival_wings__emblem_raven_1700-jpg.46

Emblems of Each Rival Wings Team: The Falcons and Raven

Today’s launch of Patch 4.15 also marks the start of Season 6 of The Feast PvP, which will run until the release of Patch 4.2. Players can strive for the top of the rankings to earn exciting rewards. Performance actions for bards, which also arrives in Patch 4.15, is the latest roleplaying feature in FINAL FANTASY XIV. After completing a new quest, bards may utilize these new actions to create their own masterpiece and bring the realm to life with the sound of music.

ffxiv-performance-jpg.47

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial allows new players to easily join the millions of adventurers in the realm of Eorzea™. The free trial allows anyone to access all available content up to level 35 (including the new Rival Wings PvP), create up to eight playable characters, and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/.

All editions of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, including the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood™ expansion, may be purchased through the Square Enix® Store here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVStore

About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 71 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 60 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/

FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 - 2017 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
STORMBLOOD, the FINAL FANTASY XIV STORMBLOOD logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.

Rival_Wings_Tower_1.jpg Rival_Wings_Tower_2.jpg Rival_Wings_Core_2.jpg Rival_Wings_Machina.jpg Rival_Wings_Core_1.jpg Rival_Wings_Cannon.jpg Rival_Wings_Battle_1.jpg Rival_Wings_Battle_2.jpg Rival_Wings_1.jpg Rival_Wing_Mammets.jpg

Attachments

• Rival_Wings_Emblem_FALCON_1700.jpg
    Rival_Wings_Emblem_FALCON_1700.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Rival_Wings__Emblem_RAVEN_1700.jpg
    Rival_Wings__Emblem_RAVEN_1700.jpg
    720.3 KB · Views: 219
  • ffxiv-performance.jpg
    ffxiv-performance.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 224
24 vs 24 that seems nice. I just hope lagging wont be a problem.

It isn't. As long as your internet connection is fast and your pc got high specs. I could compare this one with DOTA, minus the creeps of course. It's very fun, exciting and challenging as you worry not only your opponents, but also summons and machinas which are very difficult to deal with.

And mind you bro, this one ain't nice, its actually GREAT!!!

How good is PVP in this game, actually ? Is it any good ?
I haven't played MMORPGs much, I'm not a very "competitive" person, but I'm still curious.

Well PVP for this game is a actually a nice addition to the game. But what about pc spec requirements? Any information about the minimum requirements for your pc spec. Wish they could give us info ahead of time.

Well PVP for this game is a actually a nice addition to the game. But what about pc spec requirements? Any information about the minimum requirements for your pc spec. Wish they could give us info ahead of time.
The game has been out for quite some time, this is just a patch.
These are system requirements, as listed on the steam page :

Minimum :
  • OS: Windows® 7 32/64 bit, Windows® 8.1 32/64 bit, Windows® 10 32/64 bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™i5 2.4GHz or higher
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1280 x 720: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX750 or higher, AMD Radeon™ R7 260X or higher
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 60 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectSound® sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Recommended :
  • OS: Windows® 7 64 bit, Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™i7 3GHz or higher
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1920 x 1080: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX970 or higher AMD Radeon™ RX 480 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 11

The game has been out for quite some time, this is just a patch.
These are system requirements, as listed on the steam page :

Minimum :
  • OS: Windows® 7 32/64 bit, Windows® 8.1 32/64 bit, Windows® 10 32/64 bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™i5 2.4GHz or higher
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1280 x 720: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX750 or higher, AMD Radeon™ R7 260X or higher
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
Recommended :
  • OS: Windows® 7 64 bit, Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™i7 3GHz or higher
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1920 x 1080: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX970 or higher AMD Radeon™ RX 480 or higher
  • DirectX: Version 11

I am quite surprised that the minimum OS is Windows 7 still. A lot of software and applications require Windows 8 and higher from what I used. However, is 60 GB a lot of storage for a software?

I am quite surprised that the minimum OS is Windows 7 still. A lot of software and applications require Windows 8 and higher from what I used. However, is 60 GB a lot of storage for a software?
I did say that the game has been out for quite some time. 60 GB is typical for games these days, and won't really be a problem for most people if they install the game on hard drive. It might be a problem for those using SSD's, as those are still really low capacity ( up to 512 GB, but those are very expensive so most people have lower capacity ones ).

No matter how many times it may be new or introduced the whole 24 on 24 is always exciting for me. It does depend on the others of course but if you get a good group that can lead to some good times.