NEW YORK NINJA: A Kick Blast From The 80s Past Roars With A Stunning Revisal Soon From Vinegar Syndrome

Nothing gets my circulation going quite like a martial arts movie. I live for them. Breathe for them. Even the bad ones. Miami Connection. Game of Death II. Death Promise. Love them dearly despite their dubious reputations. So when boutique distribution label Vinegar Syndrome announces that not only are they starting up their own production company Vinegar Syndrome Pictures, and that their very first release is a long lost martial arts film starring John Liu, one of martial arts cinema’s best kickers, in what looks like a completely bonkers trip, you best believe I’m waiting in the wings to devour this one as soon as it touches down! Take a look at the press release from VS:
VSP’s initial release slate will kick off with NEW YORK NINJA, a wild action comedy originally directed by and starring John Liu, and produced by legendary New York exploitation producer Arthur Schweitzer. While NINJA was shot entirely on 35mm in 1984, the project was abandoned during production resulting in...

Continue reading...