Japan will see the release of a PS3 bundle on July 26, where you can get either:
- PS3 60Gb model + Minna no Golf 5 (61,980 Yen)
- PS3 20Gb model + Minna no Golf 5 (51,980 Yen)
A give-away price if you ask me, considering what you get for that money. Here's the official announcement:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20070620_ps3_bgpack.html

This will definitely push sales in Japan for the PS3. A friend of mine already stated he'll be getting one (considering he already has a Wii).

It still better come with a car at those prices. Hell even with a car I'd think twice about buying it, you're basically buying a console no body wants which has very few games and is being sold on "OMG GREATEST CONSOLE EVER!" yet is rotting on the shelves.

Last round everyone whined abiut the cube, but I adored by cube and found many cool game son it, but with the PS3 all I see is disappointment and a huge price tag.

So either way, lower the price all they want, it's still too expensive, it's still got a tiny fanbase and it's still going to die a violent death in a years time when Sony have run out of their AAA titles in production and no one is producing anything for the PS3.