Staff member
Peter Paltridge submitted a pop geeks news article

New Nintendo Trademarks Hint At An N64 Classic
n64_classic_controller_art_1024.jpg

Continue reading the original pop geeks news article.

If Nintendo’s current schedule holds to its predictable pattern, we wouldn’t see an N64 Classic until at least the fall of 2018. The real issue is what they would put on it. Half the memorable games in the N64 library came from Rare, a studio that now belongs to Microsoft, not Nintendo. If you somehow become lucky enough to buy one of these mini-consoles, the factory-installed games within are all good picks that most people had in their libraries and will want to experience again. But in the N64’s case….people with only a light knowledge of video game history will boot this up expecting Goldeneye, and I can already guarantee it won’t be there.

Money talks. In that case, I'd say Microsoft would give in to Nintendo's demands either via some partnership or a big payoff.

However Nintendo decides to handle this, we have at least a year of speculation before we find out. What would you put into an N64 Classic?

Definitely Banjo-Kazooie, the Mario Adventure Games, Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart. Anyway, I'm sure Nintendo, at the very least, owns anything related to Mario.

Last edited: