Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I have a feeling that this quarantine is going to result in a lot of amazing music, if only from out of the sheer boredom of the artists themselves.

Anyway, here's a few great songs I found this week. I don't necessarily mean for there to be a running theme, but, admittedly, most of these songs are on the same general wavelength.

Amaranthe- Do or Die, ft. Angela Gassow

Beyond the Black- Wounded Healer, ft Elize Ryd
[MEDIA]

Beyond the Black- Human
[MEDIA]

Within Temptation- Entertain You
[MEDIA]

Feel free to add your own, if you'd like to share.

S

scikaiju

I like the idea of this thread. I'm assuming you mean new to you because I'm familar with Amaranthe and that song been out for a couple of montjs.

S

scikaiju

Since I can't see an option to edit my previous post since I 'm doing this on my phone

A "new" song , I have the album but the Lyric video was released recently

new Years Day . My Monster

Since I can't see an option to edit my previous post since I 'm doing this on my phone

I figured it out. Click on the "..." next to the report button. Edit post is one of the options under there.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of lock down on Spotify. I will stick to my more rocky discoveries, as that seems to be the main focus of the thread:

Seeing as HJU is all about Japanese entertainment, I guess I should start with some Japanese music. Spotify only has a fraction of the output of the band Boris and noise/drone isn't normally my thing, but there was still some cool stuff in there.

Dialing things back a bit, Band Maid. Look beyond the gimmicky maid outfits, and their recorded output is...well actually, not anywhere near as cool as their live shows, which look awesome.

Keep an eye out for a moment when the bassist and both guitarist go over to the drummer and lean in as if they're talking. Normally if a band does that then there's a problem, but in this case they were just pulling funny faces to try and put the drummer off!

As a Brit, I should probably include something local. So here's an earworm from a recent discovery, Hands Off Gretel.

The final one (for now?) is probably the most interesting... The HU. Take Mongolian throat singing, traditional instrumentation and then add it to a typical Western rock bassline and drums. Somehow, it has a stomping metal vibe.

Oh, and switch on the subtitles for this one if you'd like to know what these guys are saying. Turns out this one borrows the lyrics of a Golden Horde era war chant. So yeah, a bunch of baddasses who really are threatening to kill you!

*shrugs* The thread is for sharing music. I don't care what people want to put on here, it just skewed that way because I'm more of a rock person & no one else has posted so far execept the two of us.

Dynazty & the Hu pop up a lot on my YouTube feeds, but I haven't listened to them too much this far. Not too bad. That New Year's Day one is pretty badass too.

I think we can all find some relevance for this to be here:

Also just saw this for Orden-- Ogan. I don't think it's as good as Gunman, but I want to hear more of the album before I reserve judgement. I also apologize for when this song begin repeatedly trying to access dial-up in the second half.

And, finally, this oddly mellow thing from Italy about an Asian folk tale.
Moonlight Haze- The Rabbit of The Moon

Science Experiment Gone wrong
Staff member
A new version of an older song apparently Ha!reform featuring Amy Lee of Evenescence team in

And just a personal guess but I think we'll be seeing a lot of covers during this such as this one Diamante with the singer of Breaking Benjermin Isris
And this I discovered a month or so ago
The Tenors featuring Lynden Sterling- Who Wants To Live Forever. Granted the video has more of Interview With a Vampire vibe rather than Highlander.