Lurker
Ehh! How did I miss Yusuke?!!! XD

All of you who haven't, go watch the 1998 ver with Takashi Sorimachi!

Interesting tidbit, Sorimachi married Nanako Matsushima, who played Fuyutsuki. =]

just saw it and it is AWESOME! :buttrock: I really like AKIRA as Onizuka. can't wait for next week already.

あたりまえ
Just saw it subbed, pretty good start, didn't expect Nagasawa Nao to be in it which is a bonus!

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I heard about this show and decided to check out the original from 1999, which will give time for english subbed episodes of the new show to pile up. And, yeh, I'm loving it. I haven't been into a drama like this in a while. Onizuka is such a good character.

Watched it this weekend with... Japanese subs. It was okay.

Actually, it was fun. But I have very fond memories of the original, so I'm not sure how this new one is going to hold up.

Also, there was a sub topic on d-addicts, but the link went to a shady looking site with another link to adfly or something. I'm just going to settle for using the Japanese subs, my poor understanding of Japanese, and a dictionary. :laugh:

Have not read the manga nor watched the anime.

Watched the first ep of this drama and loved it! It was pretty good, and some parts were funny!
Onizuka is so different from the sensei character AKIRA played in Tumbling.

after that, I went to watch the 1998 version 1st ep. I can clearly see the similarities and differences. Interesting.
edit:the same hammer??? o-o

*looks at wiki*
:O_O: Tokuyama Hidenori was in the 1998 version as a student

Last edited:
Lurker
I just finished watching ep1. It's pretty awesome, although I'm miss Poison playing when Onizuka is gonna do something awesome.

On another note, yes, Nao is playing one of the teachers. On her facebook, she posted pics of her GTO script book. And Yuki Yamada, aka GokaiBlue, is playing Kouji Fujiyoshi, one of Murai's friends.

episode 2 just ended and I'm starting to find AKIRA as Onizuka-sensei really hot. :wub: :laugh: Anko-chan also became such an adorable gal and I hate Miyabi-chan so much at this point...