Lurker
EXILE band member Akira will replaces Takashi Sorimachi as the title character in the remake of the 1998 drama. Miori Takimoto will play the heroine Azusa Fuyutsuki, and Hitomi Kuroki will play Sakurai Ryoko, the principal. Yuu Shirota will play Ryuji Danma, a friend from Onizuka's biker gang days who now lives with him. Students in Onizuka's "Class 2-4" will be played by Haruna Kawaguchi, Shō Takada, Shintarō Morimoto, and Taishi Nakagawa. Yūsuke Yamamoto and Ryōsei Tayama round out the cast; Yamamoto will play the part of Toshiyuki Saejima, policeman and bad influence on Onizuka, while Tayama will play Hiroshi Uchiyamada, the loud-mouthed vice-principal and Onizuka's nemesis. The series will premiere in July on the Fuji TV network and will run on Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m.

Source

I have no idea who any of these actors/actresses (minus Yuu Shirota) are really. I love the 1998 series and wished that it could have made it over to the US (but at least the movie made it over) I hope this version will be well received. I wonder if any of the old cast would make a cameo.

Raxbait: Hip
I actually just recently watched GTO myself. Great series, terrible movie.

F5z5a.jpg

Gotta say, they got the blonde hair down so that is nice.

Hey, I'm Eian.
Oo looking forward to this, I hope they do the first version justice.

And oo~ Yamamoto Yusuke~~~!! I haven't seen anything else with him since Ouran High School Host Club!

Ending with watttttt Akanishi Jin is married?! LOOOOOL

The manga was awesome, anime was good too (with original japanese dub, not english dub), and enjoyed the old Live Action.... but with other remakes of old jdoramas recently, i'm a bit skeptical about this. well hoping for the best.

Class of 2005
I read the manga and LOVED THE **** OUT OF IT.

So.. consider me interested.

READING it now. I bought vol. 1 and 2 from B&N last weekend. I loved it every since I heard of it in 2005. Driver's High, Last piece and Poison was my ****.

Wasn't to impressed with the feature film though. It was just you know, boring.

The manga was awesome, anime was good too (with original japanese dub, not english dub), and enjoyed the old Live Action.... but with other remakes of old jdoramas recently, i'm a bit skeptical about this. well hoping for the best.

How so? Name em.

Ending with watttttt Akanishi Jin is married?! LOOOOOL

Yes, he's been married. A little late though don't you think, jk. His wife, Meisa who is a good model but ok singer if 6 months pregnant.