Friendship and the Cosmos.
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/news/20121013-OHT1T00052.htm

The novels will be released four at that time on three different occasions. The first batch covers Kamen Rider Kuuga, Kamen Rider Kabuto, Kamen Rider W and Kamen Rider OOO. Naruhisa Arakawa has worked on over 20 Tokusatsu series for Toei, his recent work was in Akibaranger and Daimajin Kanon, he previously worked on the Kuuga show as a writer and will return to write the novel for Kuuga. Kabuto’s main writer, Shoji Yonemura, who has also worked on plenty of anime and tokusatsu series will write the Kabuto novel. Riku Sanjo will be back to write the W novel. While most novels will be written by their respective main writers, OOO’s novel will not be written by Yasuko Kobayashi, instead it will be written by Nobuhiro Mori, who only wrote 6 episodes for OOO (22-23, 33-36.) Den-O will be written by the producer Shinichiro Shirakura.
Sho Aikawa, the main writer for Kamen Rider Blade, tweeted that he would not be writing the Blade novel. He did receive an offer, but it was eventually cancelled.

The novels will feature the main characters, Yusuke Godai, Souji Tendo, Shotaro Hidari and Phillip and Eiji Hino and Ankh, from their respective series, in new settings that haven’t been told in the TV series. In Kamen Rider W’s novel, a new Rider by the name of Kamen Rider Cyclone will appear.

The first batch of novels will be released November 30 at the price, 650 yen.
- Per front page translation by HJU's own DecaEnd.

I felt the need to have an actual discussion thread regarding these stunning new developments.

Is anyone really stoked to finally get a sequel to Kuuga that's written by Arakawa Naruhisa after almost 13 years? My jaw literally dropped at the sort of possibilities something like this could offer. While the drama version may have certain restraints due to CGI costs, budgets, violence etc, in written form these limits are nothing and we could get some really spectacular stories from these things!

I'm also eagerly anticipating a Agito and Ryuki sequel that will hopefully be written by Inoue and Kobayashi. And maybe a Faiz too, so we can see what really happened after Takumi 'killed' the Orphenoch King. I'm really disappointed that Kobayashi isn't writing a sequel to OOO as I feel like only she could write something for Ankh's revival that'd be really good, but she has Jojo's Bizarre Adventure so...

Plus we'll probably see how Ankh gets revived in the OOO sequel novel as well! I might actually read these books!

Anyways. Feel free to discuss this among yourselves. I for one am incredibly stoked to know what happens to our heroes beyond the television storyline.

I think Kobayashi's busy with Go-Busters which is why she's not doing it. Honestly though I don't want to see how Ankh gets revived ever. We know he will be and that's all I need to know.

If we're getting 12 of these in all, clearly something isn't getting a book. My guess would be the recently concluded Fourze or Decade. Probably Decade (unfortunately, I'd love another story exploring another adventure Tsukasa and co had on any world the show hasn't explored yet).

min snopp är gul
Might as well throw this in here. This is the order they'll be released in supposedly from the newspaper itself, not the web based version. It's not confirmed though, can't find any official sources.

Ryuki (Toshiki Inoue), Agito (Naohiro Okamura and Toshiki Inoue as editor), Faiz (Toshiki Inoue), Kiva (Kenji Konuta and Toshiki Inoue as editor), Hibiki (Tsuyoshi Kida), Den-O (Shinichiro Shirakura), Blade (Junichi Miyashita) and Decade (Aki Kanehiro and Toshiki Inoue as editor)

As much as I'd love to have a Fourze sequel rather than a Decade one, I doubt it since we're getting Ultimatum this winter which is a direct sequel to Fourze.

Disappointed that Kobayashi isn't writing any of her series, especially OOO and Ryuki, but Jojo's Bizzare Adventure would definitely take a hit if she took the time to write 3 novels.

Admittedly, I am anticipating what Inoue can do once again with Kamen Rider after a substantial break since Kiva. His flaws may not be so blatantly obvious in a book since he really has no need to write cut corners in order to do what he wants. Then again, he could just flat out use the same old tactics so..

Lurker
I wonder if the Den-O novel will acknowledge anything of the Cho Den-O stuff... :eyebrow:

It is compelling for Faiz to get a sequel, especially with how open ended they left everything.

And I'm really excited for a Hibiki sequel, especially since the ending was crap. With Kida back at the helm, I'm excited for what Hibiki can truly do in a book setting.

Why is Inoue an "editor" for the Decade novel? I really hope it has to do with the previous Heisei Riders too, otherwise he has no place there. Also, who is Aki Kanehiro (鐘弘亜樹?). I can't find anything about him outside of this novel. Maybe some kind of pseudonym?

Anyway, I was looking forward to the Ryuuki book, at least hear something about its story, even though these likely will never be translated, to see if they'd manage to find a way to give it an open ending and let the series now end in a way that would allow the Riders to appear in later stories, but with Inoue at the helm I don't think that'll happen...

Aronbafon
Well our biggest chances of these are just summaries of them. But I'll take a summary over never hearing about them again.