Todd Black submitted a new blog post

New Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer

Guardians2_SOP_Image-1200x800.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the first movie and it was OK, a different kind of humor, but overall a good story. Considering I have two kids and they love it, I am looking forward for this second one. Great trailer! :)

I generally don't like overly self-aware/ironic remakes of comics because it comes across as a bit of a piss-take and not respecting the source material (Green Lantern, Ghost Rider etc).

That said I totally enjoyed Guardians and will definitely see the sequel. It had an ironic edge but also a genuine love for the material. The CGI was definitely a cut above. And, well, baby Groot.

With the exception of the ending (which is lousy and very frustrating), the first movie was very cool (cooler than I was imagining it would be). This second movie has the potential to be much better and I really hope that a decent ending will now be presented.

Haha, sadly lousy endings are something relatively common these days, it's called art. :) I didn't find the end too bad though, and that Tree is certainly the best part, along with the good humor. :)

What is wrong with the ending? It was a climax near-death climax to the action followed by a cheerful return from the dead by an adorable main character and a catchy tune.

I don't think the ending could have been much better than it was.