New Documentary Aims To Make You Feel Guilty For Hating Barney

Staff member
PBS’s Barney and Friends was introduced in 1992 and became instantly famous, not just for its popularity with toddlers but it’s ANTI-popularity with their parents. Most people above the age of five couldn’t stand the giant guffawing dinosaur, the dopey look on his face, the lack of any effort to make him look like he was talking (his toothy jaw just hung there open the entire time), the overall mind-numbing brainlessness of the whole thing in contrast to deliberately educational shows like Sesame Street…there were plenty of valid reasons for the show and the character to receive the negative response they did. But according to a two-part documentary coming to streaming next month, the reason you hated Barney is because you hate love.
A poipular pasttime in this new-ish decade is the Reassessment, examining something that was either beloved or despised by the public 20 to 30 years ago and deciding if it deserved that judgment. Usually this comes in the form of a dead-serious...

Continue reading...

When I was a teenager I had Barney because my sister bought a dvd of Barney and her then 3 year old son was addicted to those episodes and watches it everyday. Why don't they just watch episodes on tv instead of watching that damn dvd over and over again.

Let there be peace on earth
I have fond memories with Barney because I use to bond with my sons by watching episodes of it. TV is filled with sex and violence and I do not want to imprint that to brains of toddlers. I am no prude but I make sure what my kids watch is age appropriate. I think my kids are polite because of the lessons they learned from Barney.

The Truth will set you free
Those adults hating on Barney were crazy about Sesame Street at certain point of their life. They have this hatred because they end up watching something they outgrew.

K

KelbyKelby19

LOL Anyone here who remembers the news where Barney's song is used to torture prisoners in Guantamo Bay?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
It's going to be incredible. I sincerely hope that this film helps the world finally appreciate Barney. Even in my lifetime, Barney Bashing was a strange trend; I never imagined a documentary would be made on it.

San diego web design
I still hate him, I use to play this old browser flash game where I can kill that cringy dinosaur.

The majority of people who dislike Barney are older members of their families, such as parents or older siblings, who are forced to watch the show since there is a preschooler in the house. This show is quite popular among children.

Hello Strangah!
Wow Barney's voice actor got death threads because some crabby adult find the character annoying?

Toxic Masculinity is what I blame why people hate Barney. Most of the haters are men and boys.