New Consoles Vs Old Consoles

When I was younger my father had an Atari he kept, along with a Dreamcast. I myself was born in the Game boy Advance Era of gaming consoles, however before he actually would buy me one (Game boy Advance that is) he had me play the Atari and Dreamcast which honestly I had no problem with. Although the older systems were good at the time once I was introduced to newer forms of gaming I kind of left the older versions alone. I personally like how you can tell how as time progressed so did our technology to create such amazingly vivid pictures for the games played now. That's not to say that the older consoles don't hold some form of sentiment to me seeing how those were the first ones I played. However I find myself unable to actually play on an older console game for too long knowing that technologically speaking we have so many newer consoles and games open to us.

For a while, the sidescroller genre of gaming was dead. Then Little Big Planet and Scribblenauts revived it, so maybe it's just a matter of trusting that in this industry at least it's largely "for gamers, by gamers" and somebody will catch on to what will sell because it's what gamers love and miss.

If it's the lack of eyeache and battery life we miss, then maybe there could be an e-ink option for some hand-held consoles or something.

Otherwise, I generally like the new consoles, and especially like how some old games are being updated for new consoles (the Persona series for the PSP, for example, which I completely missed out on for the PS1.)