Netflix announces ‘exception’ – New Anime Series

Creatives at the top of their respective fields collide in the new anime series, exception, by Netflix, Tatsunoko and Studio 5! Award winning artist for the Final Fantasy series, Yoshitaka Amano, Academy and Grammy Award winner Ryuichi Sakamoto, and multiple time award winning horror writer and filmmaker, Hirotaka Adachi (Otsuichi) join forces on a far future, sci-fi horror story in space.
In the far future, humanity has been driven from Earth and forced to move its population to another galaxy. Members of a scouting team are sent to search for a planet suitable for terraforming. The crew was created through a biological 3D printer, but a system malfunction causes one of the crew members, Lewis, to emerge in a deformed state. As Lewis turns on his fellow crew members Nina, Mack, Patty and Oscar, a countdown to the end of the mission begins in the frightening darkness of the ship.
-Netflix Synopsis
An English dub has been confirmed, with Nolan North (Uncharted, Assassin’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news and we are excited that summer is yet almost here and new Animes are being announced.We are assured of being glued to the tv the whole day.Exceprion from the trailers is a must see.Talk of the veru best in the industry being behind these amazing productions.Keep it up.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I love the art of Final Fantasy. I have a Netflix subscription so I might take a peek at this anime. Since it's a sci-fi horror story in space, I may save it to watch on Halloween.