Netflix Adaption of ONE PIECE Has Begun Filming!

There has been a lot of talk surrounding the upcoming adaption of Eiichiro Oda’s worldwide smash hit One Piece by Netflix. Fresh in the minds of many is the narrative surrounding previous Netflix attempts at adaption, including the recent Cowboy Bebop (you never gave it a chance, internet, and you know it) and Death Note (this one I get a bit more), so to say there is some skepticism is putting it mildly. Check any Twitter thread on the show and you’ll find quite the blend of thoughts being expressed. However, to say that this cast and crew are not excited or dedicated would be an error of the highest order.
Recently, it’s been confirmed that filming has begun, with the Netflix Geeked Twitter account recently sharing some photos of some of our Straw Hat Crew! Among the photos we find Emily Rudd (Fear Street), our Nami. We’re also treated to a behind the scenes look at our Luffy, Usopp, and Sanji: Inaki...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
We are either getting the next Stranger things that will become a huge hit or this is going to be another disappointment like Cowboy Bebop.

I want to root for this show but Cowboy Bebop did not Survive just like everyone has been saying.

Cowboy Bebop is actually okay and passable. They should have renewed it because it is not a great look for Netflix to cancel an Anime adaptation when they have 2 upcoming live actions coming and canceling is going to cause a bad first impressions.

They can't even properly adapt a 26 episode Anime, How can we expect them to adapt an Anime with 3000 episodes into live action.

I want to support this and the Avatar live action but Netflix has given me trust issues like other people here. I want this to succeed but are we going to have future seasons?

How should they market this show so it will survive seasons:
Uncancel shows that is close to having a finale.
Make the cast not talk about politics, just make a fun show. The actress who played Faye Valentine in Cowboy Bebop tried debating fans which is negative PR.